Milton Milton
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 25/2/2005 22:03
pH levels #1
What is the best way to lower the pH levels in the water? Is it better to use the disolving tablets or the liquid. My tap water on its own is 7.4. Yesterday we added one of the fizzy tablets (we read that community tanks should have between 6.8-7.2) and tested and it was around 7.0. But this afternoon we checked again and it was back at 7.4
So should we be using a different solution? Thanks you've been beyond helpful! The fish are doing great and are swimming around like crazy.
Lyndsay

"And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good - need we have anyone to tell us these things?"
R.P.
Milton Milton
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Posted on: 25/2/2005 22:06
Re: pH levels #2
Quote:
from Goldy

I don't like adding additives if I can do it another way, but your ph was fine so you didn't need to add anything, as both your goldfish and betta are ok with your taps ph
"And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good - need we have anyone to tell us these things?"
R.P.
Milton Milton
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Posted on: 25/2/2005 22:07
Re: pH levels #3
Okay, thanks a lot, that's a big help. I was worried because I had read in more than one place that for a community tank it should be lower than 7.4, but now my mind is at ease!
Lyndsay
R.P.
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Image Admin Caresheets Moderators Advisers
  • Posted on: 25/2/2005 22:11
Re: pH levels #4
By community tank are we talking about your goldfish here as they prefer a ph of between 7.0 and 7.5 but can adjust to it either way within reason