« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)
kellie kellie
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Surrey
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership Deep End
  • Posted on: 28/9/2011 0:27
Re: Why do my little fishies keep dying? :( #61
The problem is the size of your tank and not cycling it, which is what everyone has been saying from the start. If you don't sort that out then you will end up killing fish after fish and just pouring money down the drain. People on here are only concerned about the welfare of your fish, which sorry if it sounds rude but does not seem that you are concerned about it.
Note to self: must not buy anymore tanks
Violet Violet
  • Tropical Adviser
  • Tropical  Adviser
  • From West Yorkshire
  • Group: Registered Users Caresheets FK Supporter Advisers Deep End
  • Posted on: 28/9/2011 1:01
Re: Why do my little fishies keep dying? :( #62
OK. A few things not stacking up.....

1) Why would any animal lover continue to try and keep fish in an 8 litre bowl with no filter and then go through 13 dead fish?

You have been given fantastic advice here over he last few weeks (all completely ignored by you to date) something FK has not experienced so far, in the years I've been here. True fish keepers do all they can once advised. Your post is a true first, but that's not an award by the way!

Water changes as already said should be daily not weekly, if you have no filter. Salt was never needed - these are freshwater fish, not marines.

2) Why travel with your son's fish? Leave the fish with your son. Travel stresses fish. On top of poor water quality, likely to be uber high in ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, you are just adding more angst to seriously ill fish.

3) You have now purchased 'another' goldfish, fish #14, this morning, which will yet again be likely to die in a few days/week or so, due to water poisoning.

Honestly, I do think you are trying to simply rile keepers here but FK is above that. Hopefully these threads here will assist any newbies logging on though.

Your attitude to fish care if not, is most cavalier, ignorant and very cruel. You have all the advice already to have happy, healthy fish (140 litre cycled tank min, good filter etc).

Other fishkeeping sites will only re-iterate what has been said here. Why not try them to see?

Quite simply you are now knowingly killing fish, given the info you have This smacks of trolling tbh (mods aware, Goldy advised tonight and already aware) so I'll be taking a depart/rest from your posts.

Would suggest others FK members may choose to do the same to save sanity for now.
Please fill in your personal profile if you are posti
Silverfish Silverfish
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From -
  • Group: Registered Users Deep End FK Supporter
  • Posted on: 28/9/2011 7:53
Re: Why do my little fishies keep dying? :( #63
Sorry OP, at this stage I can only say your little fishies don't keep dying - you keep killing them.
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Image Admin Caresheets Moderators Advisers
  • Posted on: 28/9/2011 8:59
Re: Why do my little fishies keep dying? :( #64
I have been monitoring this thread and feel that there is no more to be said you have been given excellent advice but choose to ignore it which means that you are either very dim not to listen or a time waster Members and Advisor's kindly give their time freely to help genuine fish-keepers who actually care about their fish and have better things to do with there time at the end of the day the advice is there for others to read and take stock

this thread is now locked