« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)
Anonymous  
Re: Blagdon Affinity Feature Pools #61
Quote:

Critch wrote:
so would a pair of gold fish be okay in one of these ???

Yep. I'm sure you could accomodate 5 or 6 as long as the filter was upto the job. This may mean that you replace the one supplied with something more sunstantial though. I'd also bang a UV in there.

Infact add a big Eheim external filter full of Alfagrog, UV and chiller and I'd imagine they would be suitable for most conservatories during the summer months.

Size wise the 6 times length rule kind of goes out of the window also as the fish could maintain continuos movement due to it's shape.

You could also add a dwarf pond lily or two as they're usually 'goldie proof'.
suey2 suey2
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Registered Users Caresheets Moderators Advisers Image Admin
  • Posted on: 5/8/2011 13:30
Re: Blagdon Affinity Feature Pools #62
Afraid I'm going to have to disagree a little there A fully grown goldie wouldn't be able to get up much of a head of steam in that size, it's only 1m diameter. Admittedly it could go round in circles Considering the size that Howie has managed to get to I'm struggling to imagine 5 or 6 of him in 450 litres. It's less volume than my Rena tank.

I've just measured out 1m on my desk, sorry but that's small!

It would be a good starting point for maybe 3 or 4 goldies while you were building a bigger pond but as a long term home I'm not convinced

Wouldn't it be better with some sticklebacks or something if it were outside?

Inside now ... as a temperate or tropical pond I'm sure there are many more options
It's Not Just A Fish