« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 10 »
King1968 King1968
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 9/3 14:14
Re: Fish flashing #41
Thanks so much for your advice it's very much appreciated,I've purchased the gill and fluke treatment you reccomend and I'm taking 50ml of tank water to maidenhead aquatics for them to test the water I'll keep you updated.

Thanks again

Peter
King1968 King1968
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • Posted on: 18/3 21:28
Re: Fish flashing #42
Hi just a update for you

I've finished the three day Esah GDex treatment I'll do a15% water change Saturday as directions of treatment,started treatment Tuesday as of today some fish still flashing should I do another three day treament starting next Tuesday as said on directions of treament for possible tapeworms then repeat a water change next Saturday ?,I took some of my water to maidenhead aquatics to test and the test said no ammonia in water everything fine they also thought Flukes.

Regards
Peter
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 19/3 9:12
Re: Fish flashing #43
Yes, try that.
King1968 King1968
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • Posted on: 19/3 14:11
Re: Fish flashing #44
Hi

Fish spending most of their time at the bottom of the tank with a couple constantly rubbing against the gravel ,doing a water change tomorrow as directions on treament,it's very frustrating as I've tried everything

Peter
King1968 King1968
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • Posted on: 20/3 17:04
Re: Fish flashing #45
Would it be worth trying API MELAFIX Freshwater Fish Bacterial Infection Remedy 237 ml Bottle as the guy at maidenhead aquatics thinks it could be a bacterial infection

Peter
fcmf fcmf
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • From -
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership Advisers
  • Posted on: 20/3 17:55
Re: Fish flashing #46
There's next-to-no evidence of effectiveness of API Melafix. However, I have used it on occasion in very mild cases of a problem such as a bitten tail (to prevent finrot), where I'm trying to figure out if the problem is a bacterial infection), and/or if I think the tank is best medicated but can't use other treatments due to having nerite snails.

Your situation sounds more serious, and therefore almost certainly API Melafix won't "touch" it. Also, what you're describing doesn't seem like it's bacterial. I'll re-read your posts and see if I can think of a better suggestion.

Edited to add: Is it mainly just flashing that the fish are doing ie no other symptoms? Any possibility of a video of this?
King1968 King1968
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • Posted on: 20/3 18:15
Re: Fish flashing #47
Hi fish seem to be swimming near the bottom a lot more some fish are rubbing against the gravel and at its worst very hard against the filter they are eating no deaths since early june tried esha Flukes and tape worms medication last week no joy done a water change earlier today tried Kordons ick attack some months ago no joy water taken to maidenhead aquatics to be test no ammonia everything fine I'm at my wits end I try and post a video for you,assisian snails breeding and doing well Black Venezuelan corydoras don't seem affected their not flashing
King1968 King1968
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • Posted on: 20/3 18:55
Re: Fish flashing #48
I can't upload a video as it's to large but could email you a video if ok with you ?,you wouldn't use API Melafix ?
fcmf fcmf
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • From -
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership Advisers
  • Posted on: 20/3 18:58
Re: Fish flashing #49
Re-reading / reminding myself of your situation and having snails, I think there'd be no harm in giving the API Melafix a go. (Otherwise, I would probably have recommended another anti-parasitic treatment such as one of these https://www.waterlife.co.uk/tropical, but they can't be used with snails - and you've tried the eSHa gdex.)

Re video, you could PM me the link OR try uploading it to YouTube and posting the link here.
King1968 King1968
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • Posted on: 20/3 19:08
Re: Fish flashing #50
I could email you a video if ok with you ? Some fish still flashing on the gravel and filter no white spots visible one fish has redness under the gills and indentations on its scales and breathing fast,so at a loss really