buggy buggy
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Lanarkshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 17/10/2008 13:05
Re: Sunday Times- Goldfish have feelings too #21
by BlackMoorBreeding on 17/10/2008 1:45:33

HOGWASH. My goldfish are as stupid as my cat.
My Cory cats, on the other hand, are the smartest bottom feeders that I have ever seen. >_>

I know we love the goldfish but im gonna stick up for the cats here.. My cat has to be one of the most intelligent animals i have ever owned. An animal who chooses to stay with you because its fed/watered and pampered but runs off if not, cant be all that stupid in my opinion. I know people who cant even get that right.
vaseline13 vaseline13
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From Kent
  • Posted on: 26/5/2009 16:57
Re: Sunday Times- Goldfish have feelings too #22
Yeh. I think goldfish should be banned from fairgrounds. Im glad someone has actually stopped this from happening.
suey2 suey2
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Registered Users Caresheets Moderators Advisers Image Admin
  • Posted on: 26/5/2009 18:47
Re: Sunday Times- Goldfish have feelings too #23
Quote:

vaseline13 wrote:
Yeh. I think goldfish should be banned from fairgrounds. Im glad someone has actually stopped this from happening.

Who, where and when? Have I missed something?
It's Not Just A Fish
cathie cathie
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Moderators Registered Users Advisers FK Supporter Caresheets Image Admin
  • Posted on: 26/5/2009 18:48
Re: Sunday Times- Goldfish have feelings too #24
Well they've banned it in Rome, that's good, also Liverpool under local byelaws, also Bradford on any fairs on Council owned land ...
[url=http://www.bigfishcam
small paul small paul
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From Denbighshire
  • Posted on: 24/9/2010 18:22
Re: Sunday Times- Goldfish have feelings too #25
people claiming fish are stupid need to look at another form of life on this earth to define the word stupidity.
it can be found every weekend outside the clubs in our town centres !!!!!
mitchcraft mitchcraft
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From Aberdeenshire
  • Posted on: 2/11/2010 17:24
Re: Sunday Times- Goldfish have feelings too #26
All of my pets have recognised my voice for the reason of FOOD lol yes we had guinea pigs that as soon as they heard my voice they would squeak like mad until i went to feed them lmao.

Me and my family used to laugh so much when i came home from work each night cos we kept them inside the house in our spare room downstairs, so yeah when i would get home and shout hello to everyone the guinea pigs would recognise my voice cos i used to always be bad and give them loads of treats .. so they would squeak like mad and then when i went in to the room and they saw me standing there omg! they would squeak even louder until they got their treat from me, it was so funny !!! I miss the we beggers lol.

But yeah i have now noticed the same with our fish, when i go near the bowl at first it will swim away and hide but as soon as i start talking to it it seems to recognise my voice and that its feeding time and then comes right up to the top of the bowl waiting for it pellets lol.

She is a very strong minded fish also :)
Lonnwy Lonnwy
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From West Glamorgan
  • Posted on: 19/11/2010 20:47
Re: Sunday Times- Goldfish have feelings too #27
My goldfish also knows my voice now, anyone can walk past his tank and he won't move, but as soon as I say, "You hungry then Fishy?" he comes straight to the front of the tank and swims back and forth until I feed him!! He's my lovely koi-koi!!
L x
Obsessive Compulsive Weeding Disorder! Lol!!
hague1982 hague1982
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Lancashire
  • Posted on: 19/11/2010 22:07
Re: Sunday Times- Goldfish have feelings too #28
all my tanganyikans rush to the top of the tank as soon as they hear or feel the vibrations of the fish tank cabinet door click open then they follow me round till i feed them.

Never seen anything like it before it just goes to show how people under estimate a fish's intelligence!
suey2 suey2
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Registered Users Caresheets Moderators Advisers Image Admin
  • Posted on: 19/11/2010 22:32
Re: Sunday Times- Goldfish have feelings too #29
They're certainly a lot sharper than most people think My blind goldie used to leap into action the second he heard/felt the cupboard door being opened - food was kept in the cupboard

I normally feed them before I go to work but the other day I left their food to soak and asked Mr S to feed them before he went to work. He did the special needs ward then said he could feel eyes on him. When he turned round the fish in the other tanks were lined up watching him. He didn't realise they hadn't been fed and looked back at them wondering what they were up to. The goldies looked back at him with increased vigour. He said that short of raising their eyebrows and pointing with their fins they couldn't have made it any clearer that the food was still soaking on top of the tank
It's Not Just A Fish
hague1982 hague1982
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Lancashire
  • Posted on: 20/11/2010 1:32
Re: Sunday Times- Goldfish have feelings too #30
Honestly its amazing even my julidochromis all come out of the rock work i set up for them to well beg! lol