« 1 (2)
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 25/8/2012 11:30
Re: Multi Magic !! #11
The Hikari Mini may be a bit big for Multies - about 2mm diameter, though my Occies manage them. The New Life Spectrum stuff is smaller - similar to Tetra Prima for granule size....that's the one mine all go mad for
nad03 nad03
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From Mid Glamorgan
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 20/9/2012 17:40
Re: Multi Magic !! #12
Well,roughly 6 weeks after getting my little guys and i now have some even LITTLER guys Yes,at least 3 fry were spotted by my wife and i last night.Really tiny.I know they breed like rabbits but its still really exciting when it happens.Just wondering about feeding now.Will they take flake if i crush it small enough? The only other food i have,apart from frozen,is a trial pack of Hikari Gold i had free with PFK.
Secondly,am i still ok to keep one day as a fasting day or should i be putting something into the tank everyday? I like to do this to help keep nitrates low but i don't want to starve the fry to death. Thanks.
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 20/9/2012 19:47
Re: Multi Magic !! #13
Powdered flake will probably do fine for them and micro-pellets,live baby brine shrimp would be even better, but do feed daily, more than once when fry are small as they need a good supply to grow at the right rate. Basically as soon as fish start producing babies it means more water changes for the keeper to cope with their demands for food and the extra waste output when they grow Congratulations
cathie cathie
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Moderators Registered Users Advisers FK Supporter Caresheets Image Admin
  • Posted on: 20/9/2012 19:54
Re: Multi Magic !! #14
They are so cute when they are impossibly tiny!
[url=http://www.bigfishcam
nad03 nad03
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From Mid Glamorgan
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 21/9/2012 13:56
Re: Multi Magic !! #15
Yes cathie,they are super cute.Fishlady,my usual routine is to do a 20% water change every Friday after feeding and then have a fast day on the Saturday.As i'll now be adding food more often would it be ok to feed twice a day,everyday,and do a 20% change every 6 days instead of 7?
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Posted on: 21/9/2012 14:18
Re: Multi Magic !! #16
The best thing to do is up the feeding and monitor the water by daily testing for a while so you can work out what the new routine needs to be.