r_bray r_bray
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From London
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 17/9/2010 20:16
Re: Mouse! What sort is this... #11
Oh so cute!

I'm glad I'm not the only person whose response to potential vermin is to take photos :)
suey2 suey2
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Registered Users Caresheets Moderators Advisers Image Admin
  • Posted on: 19/9/2010 22:11
Re: Mouse! What sort is this... #12
Quote:

r_bray wrote:
Oh so cute!

I'm glad I'm not the only person whose response to potential vermin is to take photos :)

You're not alone, when we discovered we had a mouse under the shed Mr S's immediate response was to put out some bird food and water for it We explained the rules to the mouse - stay in garden, don't come into house and you can have the birdfood - and thus mutual understanding was reached
It's Not Just A Fish
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 19/9/2010 23:30
Re: Mouse! What sort is this... #13
Quote:

suey2 wrote:

You're not alone, when we discovered we had a mouse under the shed Mr S's immediate response was to put out some bird food and water for it We explained the rules to the mouse - stay in garden, don't come into house and you can have the birdfood - and thus mutual understanding was reached

Me too....we have a colony of woodmice living under our shed. They've been there for a few years and come out at dawn and dusk to clean up the spillages from the bird tables.

Would never admit their presence to anyone in "real-life" though...too much danger of a panicked germophobic response from most people!
r_bray r_bray
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From London
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 20/9/2010 9:12
Re: Mouse! What sort is this... #14
Aw!

I wish I had woodmice under a shed. Instead I have badmice that come in my kitchen and occasionally make noises under my bad.

I am a bit stuffed - I live in a slightly cobbled together Housing Association flat conversion, with a basement, and a badly fitted kitchen. I refuse to put poison down, and just do my best to keep their food supply restricted.

Now the weather's on the turn again I seem to be seeing evidence of their presence - over Summer I saw no mouse poo anywhere. So it's time to scrub and stuff holes, and sprinkle peppermint oil everywhere.