« 1 2 3 (4)
fishccer fishccer
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Devon
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 29/6/2007 12:01
Re: poorly fish please help #31
As I have recently discovered, you can use Melafix and Primafix together. Melafix is anti bacterial and treats "open red sores, fin and tail rot, eye cloud, pop eye body slime and mouth fungus and open body wounds." Primafix is anti fungal and treats " fungus or cottony growths, mouth and body fungus and reddening of fins and body."
They are both natural remedies.
Minnow Minnow
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Nottinghamshire
  • Posted on: 29/6/2007 12:02
Re: poorly fish please help #32
I treated him yesterday for the bacterial 1, I just dont want him to suffer more than he is,it dose say on the box of the fin and fungus stuff that you can use 2 treatments at once as long as there the same brand so im not sure on what to do
fishccer fishccer
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Devon
  • Posted on: 29/6/2007 12:15
Re: poorly fish please help #33
I'm no expert I'm afraid, It's just that I'm using Primafix at the mo to treat fungus on a shubunkin.

http://www.aquariumpharm.com/en_gb/helpdesk.asp

API make Primafix, it may be worth visiting this page to see if you can use it to treat the fungal infection whilst still treating the bacterial one with the other stuff.
EagleC EagleC
  • Plants Adviser
  • Plants  Adviser
  • From Hampshire
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 29/6/2007 12:44
Re: poorly fish please help #34
Would it be possible to do a 50% water change then swap to melafix and primafix treatments instead?
Minnow Minnow
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Nottinghamshire
  • Posted on: 30/6/2007 13:26
Re: poorly fish please help #35
Hi guys thankyou for the advice youve all given me but sadly i lost Frodo last night im heart broken that ive lost him but now its time to consentrate on Saruman,if i lose him though i think im giving up.
After finding Frodo gone ive changed 50% of the water an treated again as Saruman seems to have alittle of the same hes alot more active than Frodo was though, i just hope he makes it
Minnow Minnow
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Nottinghamshire
  • Posted on: 1/7/2007 11:29
Re: poorly fish please help #36
Saruman has gone too,dont think i should look after fish if i carnt even keep to goldfish fit and well,Thankyou everyone that tried to help me,gotta go carnt see the screen so good not surposed to cry and type at the same time
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Image Admin Caresheets Moderators Advisers
  • Posted on: 1/7/2007 13:10
Re: poorly fish please help #37
Sorry to hear that but please don't give up just make sure your tank is cycled before adding any new fish and hopefully you will have better luck this time