Pixie Pixie
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Bedfordshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 5/6/2004 21:56
Frozen Food #1
I got some frozen red mosquitos larvae but unfortunately they got mostly defosted on the way home. Is it ok to freeze them again? And how long can I keep a portion in the fridge? My fish is to small to eat the whole 'cell' at one go so I think I need to put the rest in the fridge for later.
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Image Admin Caresheets Moderators Advisers
  • Posted on: 5/6/2004 22:31
Re: Frozen Food #2
I take it you have already put it back in the freezer as soon as you got home so I would think it should be ok, but if its just in the fridge then I wouldn't refreeze it now, other wise it will be ok untill its best before date. Also can you not cut the cell in half while it is frozen and just defrost what you need for the day.
Anonymous  
Re: Frozen Food #3
i put a cube of frozen food in a small dish and swill it round in a little tank water and add it to my tank.
lseaton lseaton
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 7/6/2004 9:56
Re: Frozen Food #4
Is frozen and freezedried food any good? I have only fed mine live food apart from the usual granules and flakes, but just wondered if the frozen and dehydrated stuff still had all the nutrients in it??
Resized Image
Anonymous  
Re: Frozen Food #5
I dont think dried or frozen is as good, but i think frozen is the next best thing, bit like our peas, fresh is best, but has fresh peas these days, frozen are far more convenient and if they are quick frozen it keeps more of the nutients.