Original Image
newbie newbie
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 23/3/2007 22:04
Re: Orca TL-450 #32
Thanks Adam - how come it din't like the way that I tried to post them? Was I doing this wrong?

TROPICAL: 4 WCCM's, 2 Dwarf gourami's (1 male 1 female), 2 glass shrimp, 1 male guppy, 4 platties, 2 corys, 5 neon tetras
MARINE: Orca Nano TL450 - 4 BL Hermits, 3 Turbo snails, 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 Royal Gramma
ChrisEvans1001 ChrisEvans1001
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • From Kent
  • Posted on: 24/3/2007 2:14
Re: Orca TL-450 #33
Looks like you've got the pesky micro bubble problem too.

Even after leaving my skimmer on since I've got it, I've still got the problem.

I believe I found a solution tonight after some observation, will post in a seperate thread if it works.
Phoenix10 Phoenix10
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Essex
  • Posted on: 17/8/2010 0:38
Re: Orca TL-450 #34
Hey all, i also have a ORCA TL-450 and the instructions recieved are abysmal,....excuse me for the spelling, but its a good little machine really it does alot of the work for you, i first started with RO water just to run it through, had some major noob mistakes, for e.g. added the 'live sand' to just RO water then added the salt about a week later....pfft, anyways i left this for about a week, constantly checked on forums to make sure everything was ok, in response to that microbubble problem, it seems you encountered the same thing i did its basically coming from that protein skimmer, because the tank is new there not a lot for the skimmer to do, so for some reason produces these bubbles, anyways turn tht off for a couple of days clear the tank glass with whatever you want i use a jay cloth on mine, so now its umm.....3 months down the line maybe 4 ive been quite patient, i have 5kg of live rock i did have 3 hermits but only one little baby one remains now which is quite irritating but oh well, and have kept 2 lovely little ocerlaris perculas, in there as well, as for adding snails i shall be doing this sometime next week, so i should stop the algal blooms tht keep apperearing, the clownfish are fine and all readings are low, ammonia is a little above 0 nothing to worry about greatly and everything is fine though strangely i have only done about 3 water changes with tap water pre mixed with salt and everything still is fine, the clownfish have even shown signs of dominance, with a larger female being quite obvious and the smaller male doing the 'waggle dance' id appreciate any advise given on matters including the use of kehiem balls, as a bio filtration as well as some bio balls and sponge filters.

hope this helps to ORCA users alike, and on a another note with the addition of so much filter i was thinking more fish would be in order, i was thinking maybe a royal grammar, a clean up crew and maybe another fish....not all at once ill get the clean up crew first