Vicky Vicky
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From Kent
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 19/3/2007 12:07
lighting? #1
Is anyone familiar with the light-glo hood? I have one on my 4ft tank, it holds 2 fluorescent bulbs but they both come on together and cannot be controlled seperatly. I have been looking at putting t5 bulbs in but would like to control blue and white lights separatly. I don't really want a pendant light and I would rather keep the hood, is there anything I can do? I have seen a couple of lighting systems on e-bay that can be attatched to the hood - is this practical and possible if I removed the 2 bulbs that are in hood now?
craigieboi craigieboi
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • From Midlothian
  • Posted on: 19/3/2007 14:31
Re: lighting? #2
i think u can get t5 conversion units ( cant remember offhand who makes em) will post when i remember think was aquamedic or

just remembered lol.....its by arcadia...... called a I bar

http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/cata ... -bar-twin-light-units.asp
Vicky Vicky
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From Kent
  • Posted on: 19/3/2007 14:59
Re: lighting? #3
ooh ta - that was one of the units on e-bay!
Vicky Vicky
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From Kent
  • Posted on: 20/3/2007 12:07
Re: lighting? #4
How useful would under water blue lights be - the small ones. I thought if I had a couple at the top of my tank I could turn them on before main lights or leave them on all the time to simulate moonlight.
Coralline Coralline
  • Marine Adviser
  • Marine  Adviser
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Advisers Registered Users
  • Posted on: 20/3/2007 12:19
Re: lighting? #5
i doubt theyd be 'useful', would be pretty but not very useful! and you wouldnt see them if they were on at the same time as your main lights.

you dont really need light to come on at differnet times either, the blue one is just a supplement to the white one. although if you had 'loads' of lights its good to stagger the switchin on and off so it doesnt go from dark to bright all of a sudden! so unless your tank is in complete darkness just have them come on at the same time. mine has daylight before lights come on. and room light are usually on when they go off.
Gill

Resized Image

[url=http://www.fishkeeping.co.uk/articles_51/fishless-cycling-article.htm] 'CLICK ME' - 'Fishless Cycling' information - how to prepare your new t...