« 1 (2)
Anonymous  
Re: Linsay's Fish x3 #11
How is the fish, any better.

I do like the yellow and white one, not seen many like this before.

I am wondering what the plastic bag is inside the tank, or it outside.

Hope its better news.

Di
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Image Admin Caresheets Moderators Advisers
  • Posted on: 10/5/2004 14:41
Re: Linsay's Fish x3 #12
Linsay have you thought about taking him to a vet to have a look at, give your local one a ring and see if they do fish too? I did just that many years ago when one of my fish came out with what looked like a water bubble on its side, it wouldn't hurt as I should have thought the spot to have cleared up by now Out of curiosity you do use the water conditioner in the salt water too before putting jerremy in it
lseaton lseaton
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 10/5/2004 15:17
Re: Linsay's Fish x3 #13
He seems a little better after i caught him in the net last night and again some of the growth was left in the net.
His breathing is better, but was quite rapid before that.

Thanks, Goldy thinks the white Oranda is unusual to. I haven't seen one since, my dad got it for me, no idea where from!

Not sure which plastic bag you mean? but if you mean the white/pink thing, it is a chunk of rose quartz i had to decorate the tank but i took it out as it was just taking up room:)
Resized Image
lseaton lseaton
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Cheshire
  • Posted on: 10/5/2004 15:50
Re: Linsay's Fish x3 #14
The thought has crossed my mind, as we are friends with our vet. But he mainly practices on large animals-such as horses. I might give him a call to ask his advice, as a consultation is £15.00+vat as soon as you walk in and if he doesn't know any more than you Goldy, it's a wasted trip:(

Yes, i always use tap conditioner- at the mo i have changed from Aquarian to Tetra(looks like washing up liquid)

He's really not looking good, i read the earlier post about White spot-the link you gave, and it mentioned the parasite bursting out of the fish, i am wondering if Jeremy has white spot, as i have also noticed twice now a scale sticking up on the White Oranda and do you remember me telling you i thought he had caught himself on the bridge?? The White Oranda has a tiny tiny tiny spec in his tail at the mo, will try to take a pic
Not having much luck with these fish :(
Resized Image
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Posted on: 10/5/2004 16:23
Re: Linsay's Fish x3 #15
Linsay you say the spot it only on his gill, it keeps popping and leaves a red sore, then it doesn't sound like white spot as that covers the fish. I will see what I can find out for you concerning ulsers. Also tetra aquasafe is the best water conditioner.
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Posted on: 10/5/2004 18:37
lseaton lseaton
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Cheshire
  • Posted on: 11/5/2004 9:27
Re: Linsay's Fish x3 #17
Looking at the bristol-aquarists site it's a possibilty, but looking at the pictures on fishdoc.co.uk it doesn't look that bad.

The water is about right now and has been the same for about 2 weeks
Resized Image
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Posted on: 11/5/2004 19:29
Re: Linsay's Fish x3 #18
Hopefully it will clear up with the salt then, just add it to your tank as a general tonic to stop any infection.