Fishyfishfish Fishyfishfish
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 6/10 20:48
Very poorly Betta, help needed! #1
I'll get straight to the point as I'm quite concerned:

My half moon Betta is not well, and he seems to be getting gradually worse.

He's showing extreme signs of lethargy, tatty finnage, and on the odd occasions when he does move he darts around the tank, banging into the glass and gravel, where he eventually stays for hours without moving.

I can't see anything physically wrong (other than the fin rot, if that's what it is); there's no white spot or velvet or lumps or cuts or anything like that so I'm thinking this is something internal perhaps?

He's in a 80L aquarium, fully cycled, with bog wood and a plastic plant. Temp is 26 degrees with 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and around 20-40 nitrate.

I've had him on a double dosage of esha 2000 to try and get the fin rot under control and try and get on top of things, but I don't think it's helped. Today I did a large water change and have started him on another standard dose as I'm not sure what else to give him?

If anyone could give their 2 cents that would be great.

Attach file:

jpeg  21565_615dfd756a94b.jpeg (2,921.64 KB)
21565_615dfd756a94b.jpeg 4032X3024 px
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 7/10 7:29
Re: Very poorly Betta, help needed! #2
It sounds like you're already doing all you can. How old is he? Bettas near the end of their lives often go downhill with these kinds of symptoms.
Fishyfishfish Fishyfishfish
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 7/10 9:45
Re: Very poorly Betta, help needed! #3
Quote:

Fishlady wrote:
It sounds like you're already doing all you can. How old is he? Bettas near the end of their lives often go downhill with these kinds of symptoms.

Hi Fishlady

I bought Rocky just over a year ago from an online place called Masterfisch, so he’s only young and he’s been fantastic up to this point.