« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)
King1968 King1968
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 10/4 20:35
Re: Fish flashing #91
Hi I've had the new fluval 3 and heater running for nearly a month now I got recommended to use Myxazin which I done a 5 day course,some of the fish are still flashing on the gravel filter and plant and sometimes the tank glass they definitely look like their flashing out of discomfort its been going on for months now no deaths still,been testing the water regularly and all is fine,one pearl danio seems to be struggling near the bottom,at a loss and thinking about packing it in as I haven't got to the bottom of the flashing haven't a clue what to do https://youtu.be/em9w_oYwPuk
fcmf fcmf
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • From -
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership Advisers
  • Posted on: 11/4 17:57
Re: Fish flashing #92
Can you describe what you mean by 'flashing'?
I'm not seeing anything particularly abnormal in this video, and the one you showed previously only seemed to involve the fishes' mouths making contact with various items, likely to peck off algae or other biofilm or food.

While having to treat one of my own fish for something else, I did notice on https://www.waterlife.co.uk/tropical that Waterlife Paragon *might* be ok to try with invertebrates - but you'd be best to contact Waterlife directly to ask about this.

I don't think you should be treating, though, unless you know something is awry. If you could get a video of the actual behaviour you call 'flashing'', it would make it much easier for us to help accordingly.
King1968 King1968
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • Posted on: 18/4 18:59
Re: Fish flashing #93
Hi

Thanks for your reply,I treaded with Myxazin for five days and they stopped flashing but on Friday they started again flashing off the heater where there isn't any any algae and rubbing against the gravel they definitely look in discomfort when going it,I've tried everything so at my Witch end there's definitely something not right I found a zebra danio behind the filter which looked dead but when I went to get it out it swam of a couple of the pearl danios don't look in good health so any advice would be appreciated thanks
fcmf fcmf
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • From -
  • Posted on: 19/4 19:40
Re: Fish flashing #94
This might be useful: https://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk ... what-is-flashing-in-fish/

I've been through your history in this thread, and it seems as though you've tried: Fluke Solve; Kordon's Ich; aquarium salt; AquaCare Anti-Fungus & White Spot; ?API Melafix; eSHa Gdex and Waterlife Myxazin. Is that correct?

Can you confirm that there's nothing of this nature in or being used in your home (and esp the fishtank room) that could inadvertently be irritating your fish eg aerosols such as for dusting, plug-in air fresheners, candles, e-cigs/cigs? https://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk ... -that-can-kill-your-fish/
King1968 King1968
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • Posted on: 19/4 21:27
Re: Fish flashing #95
Hi
We dust with polish once a week no other item on your list ,I kept platies and white cloud minnows before for years no flashing but before the last platy died after 3 years it started to flash l,vi saw one of the zebra danios flashing against the tank glass today I done a water test Sunday
Ammonia 0 the colour wasn't pure yellow but the tap water result was the same colour
Nitrate 10
Nitrite 0
High P H 8.0
PH 7,6
I'll try and post a video

https://youtu.be/Zjj2F8ZgAes. Two of the pearl danios have been swimming erratically like in a fit and very fast the pearl danio I focus on in the video doesn't look well
King1968 King1968
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • Posted on: 21/4 15:07
Re: Fish flashing #96
That's for all your advice I'll keep doing a 50% water change every 4 to 5 days keep the tank clean and let the fish be now something doesn't seem right but all out of ideas and tried everything thanks again for all your advice it was very much appreciated

Peter
fcmf fcmf
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • From -
  • Posted on: 22/4 18:22
Re: Fish flashing #97
Good plan. I would also advise omitting the polish and just dusting with a damp cloth in the room the fish are in, just to see if it makes a difference at all.
King1968 King1968
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • Posted on: 22/4 19:55
Re: Fish flashing #98
Hi yeah I definitely will