N-HoneyGourami N-HoneyGourami
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 6/4 12:43
Parasites or TB? #1
I’ve got a celebes rainbow that appears to be wasting away, I’m concerned about internal parasites.

In the UK seems there are limited treatments available. I have started myzaxin as the fish is not eating, thinning, sunken belly, gaunt looking and starting to separate itself from the other fish. Before starting treatment I noticed a second rainbow was heading in the same direction, and also one celestial pearl danio, so I have moved my 5 celebes rainbows and 8 cpd’s into their own tank. Although I did not know at the time I suspect these celebes rainbows were wild caught (wouldn’t have got them had I known).

So my questions are:

- best treatment appears to be metroplex but it’ll take a long time to get it (2-3 weeks) so what product can I use that’s available in the UK for internal parasites?

- i’ve separated the fish but will need to treat the whole tank. As these are strong medications should I only treat the whole tank with medications that are effective?

- if the medications are effective do I still need to be concerned about TB? Lab analysis for TB is about £300/350 for two fish. I will find the money if I have to but this isn’t money that I have lying around currently.

Any other advise welcome.

Will try and get photos to add shortly.

Thanks
N-HoneyGourami N-HoneyGourami
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 6/4 15:50
Re: Parasites or TB? #2
Photos wont upload, will try from my laptop later
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 6/4 15:52
Re: Parasites or TB? #3
Waterlife Octozin has the same active ingredient as metroplex and is available in the UK, if you're sure of wat you're treating for. It won't cure TB (there's no cure for that).