« 1 (2)
JessFishKeeper JessFishKeeper
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 21/5/2020 22:31
Re: Goldfish Fry #11
Thank you! Over the past few days I have been slowly transferring fish around tanks - one of my fancy goldfish was being chased by 2 others so he was in a separate tank for a few days as he was exhausted. The tank containing the babies needed a major clean, so I managed to move them into 2 very small tanks for the time being. Now my adult fish are back in their original tank with a carbon cube to help keep the water clear. I also bought a common Pleco today - mainly because I thought he was cute but my excuse was ‘to keep the tank clean!’
I am currently ‘baby proofing’ a 38l tank for the babies to have until they grow too big for that tank. I changed their food from flakes to liquid, as I did some more research and found that the flakes had too much protein for them to digest, so they weren’t eating enough of it to grow healthily.
Thanks again for all of your advice :)
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 22/5/2020 6:52
Re: Goldfish Fry #12
I would take the plec back asap - they are tropical and shouldn't be in cold water tanks. They can also sometimes get a taste for the slime coat of goldfish and latch on damaging them, and will grow to at least 15 inches and maybe up to 2 feet long, needing a minimum of a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft tank.
JessFishKeeper JessFishKeeper
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Posted on: 22/5/2020 22:30
Re: Goldfish Fry #13
Oh wow thanks for letting me know...!
I did think it was odd that I wasn’t asked any questions before I got him... they just said as long as the water wasn’t ‘too cold’ that he’d be ok🤷🏼‍♀️
Will do some research and let you know that I decide to do
Thanks again☺️
FishyKid369 FishyKid369
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Posted on: 26/3/2021 18:30
Re: Goldfish Fry #14
hi yes i also want to breed my goldfish though i think all three are the same gender... oh and 1 question can you tell the diffrence inbetween a male and a female?
have a great day?night!
Fishykid369