Shelley121 Shelley121
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 16/2 11:08
Stocking advice #1
Hi I am new here and need some advice. I have one tank already an 80 litre with endlers and ember tetras that is doing well after some ups and downs I am now cycling a new 150 litre tank that once cycled I was thinking of stocking with male guppies Cory's and either Molly's or blue rams leaning more towards the rams but I am not sure of the amounts of each of these fish to put in or if the tank is even big enough to hold such a mix in addiquate numbers. Any advice would be appreciated
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 16/2 14:07
Re: Stocking advice #2
You need first to find out how hard your tap water is. You can get a good idea from your supplier's website where you can put in your postcode and get a water report including hardness. That will determine which fish you can keep as guppies and mollies like hard water and cories and rams like soft water.
Shelley121 Shelley121
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Posted on: 16/2 15:46
Re: Stocking advice #3
Hi I have just checked that and it's hard about 17.7 so mollies it is but how many of each will they fit in with our stressing the fish or the tank
Shelley121 Shelley121
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Posted on: 16/2 15:48
Re: Stocking advice #4
And if not Cory's do you have any suggestions on another bottom feeder could go in, thanks
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 17/2 9:29
Re: Stocking advice #5
There aren't any typical bottom-feeding fish that do well in hard water, there is the Tanganyikan fish, Synodontis lucipinnis......a group of those would be OK with mollies in your water and that size tank. You could have six or so mollies.