AdyBowers AdyBowers
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 15/1/2021 12:51
New Setup #1
I'm looking for a 240l/4ft tank setup (tropical) but tank, hood with light, heater and filter (ideally external) only, no cabinet and finding it hard to find a decent complete package or where to buy all seperate. Can anyone suggest anything? Been looking for a while and the only thing i've come across is the Juwel Rio 240 but it has a internal filter. Any advice would be great.

Thanks.
Benjamin Benjamin
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • Posted on: 15/1/2021 19:41
Re: New Setup #2
EBAY and Amazon are your friends, lots of second hand, Also do Google search, otherwise, companies like ND Aquatics can fit you with one, or...why won't you build it yourself? Decide on the dimensions and glass thickness and it's all done. Very easy, years ago I built my own including the unit and it never leaked.
playsander playsander
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Posted on: 7/3/2021 8:56
Re: New Setup #3
Quote:

AdyBowers wrote:
Been looking for a while and the only thing i've come across is the Juwel Rio 240 but it has a internal filter. Any advice would be great.

Thanks.

I run a Rio 180 with an external filter. The previous owner had removed the internal filter to free up space. If you get a second hand tank it may be something to consider.
fcmf fcmf
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • From -
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership Advisers
  • Posted on: 7/3/2021 13:08
Re: New Setup #4
You may already be sorted out with a set-up by now but, if not, this https://www.completeaquatics.co.uk/aqu ... uarium-tanks-and-cabinets may provide inspiration.