(1) 2 3 4 ... 10 »
King1968 King1968
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 2/1/2021 17:57
Fish flashing #1
Hi some not all of my fish have been flashing for a couple of months I've tested the water regularly and all is good I've taken advice from a Guy at a aquatics shop and treated for worms with Fluke solve didn't work tried Kordons ich attack which is a natural treament as I have corys and snails for parasites for over four weeks not working is it possible it could be internal parasites? and could you recommend a treatment safe for corys and snails please,I'm getting really frustrated

Kind regards
Peter Elliott
fcmf fcmf
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • From -
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership Advisers
  • Posted on: 2/1/2021 22:41
Re: Fish flashing #2
Unaware of any treatment suitable for snails except for API Melafix, the main ingredient of which is cajeput/tea-tree oil. I've used it in a tank with my nerites which I'm very fond of. I've seen another tea-tree oil product which advertises itself as suitable for parasites as well as bacteria and fungus, but that particular product states that it's unsuitable for snails. Consequently, I would maybe give the API Melafix a try - but I would ensure that aeration and surface agitation in particular from the filter is increased as the product's oily texture may impair that for the cories when they dart up to breathe.

[Dictated and checked accordingly.]
King1968 King1968
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Posted on: 3/1/2021 13:01
Re: Fish flashing #3
Thanks for you help I've just been to a aquatics shop and got recommend tonic salt aquarium product I've used half the dosage as I have corydoras is that the right thing to do the directions are 3grams for every litre for wounds and parasites then do a 30% water change after ,four days repeat if there still flashing,should I of done the full dosage ?
Peter
fcmf fcmf
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • From -
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership Advisers
  • Posted on: 3/1/2021 17:11
Re: Fish flashing #4
If it were me, I'd also do half the dosage. [Generally, if I think a species is sensitive or a particular fish is weak or old and may not tolerate aquarium salt or full-dose medication, then I err on the side of caution.] If, in a few days' time, the cories seem fine and there is still flashing happening, then I would probably either go for half the dosage again or go for a 'compromise / in-between' option of three-quarters of the dosage - but be ready to dilute / do a small water change if the cories look as though they're struggling at all (which hopefully they won't).
King1968 King1968
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Posted on: 3/1/2021 17:45
Re: Fish flashing #5
Hi
Thanks for advice its really appreciated,I'll do a 30% water change thursday and if the fish are still flashing I'll do another dosage of aquarium salt I'll definitely keep a eye on the corydoras

Thanks
King1968 King1968
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Posted on: 5/1/2021 19:22
Re: Fish flashing #6
HI
Would you add the other half of the salt to make sure the parasites/worms eggs have died. ?
Thanks
Peter
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 6/1/2021 15:09
Re: Fish flashing #7
I would not add more salt if the symptoms have subsided.
King1968 King1968
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Posted on: 8/1/2021 18:39
Re: Fish flashing #8
Hi
I dosed the tank first last sunday but four out the nine fish still flashing so I dosed again today sundays dose was 120 grams and today's dose was 180 grams I half dosed sunday as I have four black Venezuelan corydoras and assisian snails and the rest of the salt today but four fish are still flashing I'm at my wits end I've tried everything kordons ick attack for three weeks fluke solve two doses as required water was tested as was fine so I'm at a loss what to do now the corydoras are fine after both doses of salt,any recommended medication which might help its hard to find as most will harm the corydoras and snails
Thanks
Peter
King1968 King1968
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Posted on: 8/1/2021 19:06
Re: Fish flashing #9
Hi
I'm going to try API Melafix to see it stops the flashing the fish are eating and very active but constantly flashing on the filter and gravel
Peter
King1968 King1968
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Posted on: 22/1/2021 19:25
Re: Fish flashing #10
Hi I've tried AquaaCare Anti Fungus & White Spot I've tried aquarium salt I've tried Fluke Solve nothing has worked a few of my fish still flashing the gravel and plants I've tested the water with strips and everything was fine should I buy a proper water testing kit ? Any suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks
Peter