Kevfunn Kevfunn
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 24/12 3:13
Any help would be awesome #1
Hi all,

This is the 1st time I've ever posted anything like this and I hope someone can help me, I have recently been housed into assisted living due to disabilities, I am only 43 so have many years left of my life, i've always had pets but am no longer able to walk a dog etc, I love fish and would love to have a tank in my room which is allowed, after looking online at videos and pictures I have seen some lovely fish I would like to keep as pets,

The below are this fish I have seen, could someone please let me know if they can all live happily together, if stocking is okay and a guide on what size tank I would need.,

4 x Clown Loach
6 x Pictus Catfish
6 x Dwarf Gurami
1 x Silver Shark
1 x Ruby Shark
2 x Pleco

Also I'm not sure if suitable but would like some Tetra's, would they be safe with above species? If okay how many would you recommend?

Thank you in advance for you're help, Merry Christmas and a Happy New year 👍
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 24/12 7:23
Re: Any help would be awesome #2
Hi

I'm afraid most of your choices are going to need a tank much larger than you're probably allowed to have in assisted living. Also fish choice depends on your water parameters (i.e. hard or soft). The ones you've chosen all need soft water. I've detailed their requirements in terms of compatibility, group size, and tank size below.

Quote:

4 x Clown Loach - needs to be kept in a group of at least 6, and needs a minimum 6ft x 2ft x 2ft tank
6 x Pictus Catfish - will eat smaller fish like tetras and needs a minimum 4ft x 18 inches x 18 nches tank
6 x Dwarf Gurami - best not to keep more than one male unless in a large tank, minimum tank size 2ft x 1ft x 1ft
1 x Silver Shark - needs a group of at least 6 and a minimum tank size of 8ft x 2ft x 2ft, will eat smaller fish like tetras
1 x Ruby Shark - needs a minimum 4ft x 18 inches x 18 inches tank and will not get on with silver sharks, pictus cats or plecos
2 x Pleco - there are hundreds of different plecos with sizes ranging from a few inches to 3ft - tank size varies depending on species

Kevfunn Kevfunn
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 27/12 9:46
Re: Any help would be awesome #3
That's great thank you, I have plenty of room here so big tank is not a problem, thank you for you're help 👍👌