IainDC IainDC
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From Lanarkshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 26/12/2020 16:14
Python water changer advice #1
Can anyone shed any light on how good this water changing device is? I've seen a little bit about it over the past few days and it would really help with changes in our new 168L freshwater tropical tank. We live in Glasgow so the water is pretty soft etc. Hope everyone and their fish had a lovely Christmas!

Cheers,
Iain.
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 26/12/2020 17:14
Re: Python water changer advice #2
I don't have one, but anyone I've heard from that does have reported that they work well. The downsides are that they use a lot of water to do the job which can be expensive if you're on a meter, and you need to add enough dechlorinator for the whole tank volume into the tank before refilling, rather than just the amount you're replacing
IainDC IainDC
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From Lanarkshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 26/12/2020 17:27
Re: Python water changer advice #3
Ah, thanks for the advice :) I'll need to do some careful tests before getting one as I think our boiler isn't always stable when producing warm water. Hopefully that can be remedied easily as it would save an awful lot of hassle.

Have also spotted some detritus worms today, my new plants must have brought them in even though I soaked them for a few hours beforehand! Ah well, the corys will enjoy haha!