gmb27 gmb27
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 6/10 17:36
Betta taken a huge turn for the worse #1
Hi all,

I'm looking for any help possible for my Betta which I think is dying. A few weeks ago it developed large white patches (looking like cotton) and then tiny white dots (I believe this was a second issue of inch). He stopped eating and began sitting still at the bottom corner all the time. He then began suffering with swollen eyes. I treated him with LFS ich and also fungus treatment which got rid of the dots and cotton, but not the swollen eyes. I then switched to Kanaplex for the stated two doses. He seems to be worse now and almost never moves, with cloudy eyes and dull white patches. I haven't seen him eat in quite a few days and fear he's poss blind. The only change to the tank was the addition of a live plant from Pets at H. I'll try anything to save him but just don't know if he's too far gone.

Temp 78
Ammonia untraceable
PH 7.2-7.4
KH 50
GH 250
Nitrate 10
Nitrite 0

Any advice would be gratefully received

Attach file:

jpg  23450_5f7c9cfb45e15.jpg (547.02 KB)
23450_5f7c9cfb45e15.jpg 1410X1413 px
fcmf fcmf
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • From -
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership Advisers
  • Posted on: 6/10 17:50
Re: Betta taken a huge turn for the worse #2
Sorry to read about this, and thanks for the very helpful info supplied.
A few more questions:
* Which treatment(s) did you use, and when? How long has this been going on for?
* I don't think the live plant is likely to have caused this (or it would be very unlikely). How old is your betta?
* Is he eating at all?
* Does he seem stressed in any way?