ganey1981 ganey1981
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 10/3 14:37
Siamese Fighter - white spot? #1
Hi all,

I recently introduced purchased this blue Siamese fighter 2 days ago but price it has 2 small white spots, the largest on its side where it’s head how’s its body and a smaller one on the top of its head just slightly back from its eye - see photo.

I just wanted to ask if this looks like white spot and if I should treat this as a matter of urgency? If so is the fish likely to survive? There are only 2 spots at the moment.

Your views/ advice gratefully recieved!

Mat

Attach file:

jpeg  22937_5e67980f83b21.jpeg (1,200.76 KB)
22937_5e67980f83b21.jpeg 4032X3024 px
fcmf fcmf
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • From -
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership Advisers
  • Posted on: 10/3 16:31
Re: Siamese Fighter - white spot? #2
It *might* be the start of it but, then again, it might not. In the interim, I suggest you:
* ensure you have a bottle of whitespot medication, ready to use if/when it progresses to this [NB as it does need to be treated quickly, it's a bottle of medication worth having to hand];
* ensure that water is at optimum quality - 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite, and nitrates no more than 20 ppm above tap water nitrates level.

How often are you able to check on him during the daytime?

This article might be helpful: https://www.fishkeeping.co.uk/articles_88/white-spot.htm

BTW, your betta's colouring is absolutely gorgeous.
ganey1981 ganey1981
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 10/3 21:52
Re: Siamese Fighter - white spot? #3
Hi,

Thanks for the helpful advice, I have some treatment arriving tomorrow and will test the water permameters. I’m out during office hours but tonight he is still behaving normally.

I didn’t want to treat the tank unnecessarily but is it worth waiting until I see more spots or symptoms? Don’t want to act too late either.

Many thanks again - appreciate the advice!