Kdub39 Kdub39
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 21/2 8:43
Borneo Suckers #1
Hi there. I've very recently added a couple of Borneo Suckers to my tank and they seem to spend all the time hiding away. I just wondered if this was normal, or if I should try to change anything? Temp is down to 23, I've added an air stone and water flow is quite strong. They've only been in a few days, so not sure if they will grow in confidence? Thanks.
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 21/2 11:04
Re: Borneo Suckers #2
Make sure they have plenty of hiding places - fish with plenty of options for a quick retreat will often come out more. If you can, add 3 or 4 more as these are a social fish who like to be in a group of their own kind.
Kdub39 Kdub39
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Posted on: 21/2 19:58
Re: Borneo Suckers #3
Thank you. They have quite a few hiding places, but I've put in another small rock cave today as well. I will try getting another couple too and see if that helps. Would they be extra shy being in a community tank? I just don't want them to become stressed, or even starve!
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 22/2 9:07
Re: Borneo Suckers #4
Being in a community may make them hide depending on what else is in there.
Kdub39 Kdub39
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Posted on: 22/2 10:52
Re: Borneo Suckers #5
I've got some Tetra's, Danios and Cory's. I'll do as you suggested and get a couple more Borneo's and hopefully that will help. Thank you for your help. I'm a newbie and really want my fish to be happy and stress free.