Moritakamoto24 Moritakamoto24
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 16/2/2020 18:45
Hi all bettas and guppies? #1
Hi everyone I'm new to the hobby I have a 60 litre tall aquarium I currently have 6 neon tetras 2 rams and a male betta, I was wondering could I have guppies and a male betta in the same aquarium? Iv seen conflicting information everywhere about it so I thought I'd join a forum and ask 🙂 thank you for your time
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 16/2/2020 19:24
Re: Hi all bettas and guppies? #2
Unfortunately no. There are two reasons - firstly the betta will see the guppies as competition and attack them because of their colourful flowing tails and secondly, they require opposite parameters. Bettas need soft acidic water and guppies need hard alkaline conditions.
Moritakamoto24 Moritakamoto24
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 16/2/2020 19:33
Re: Hi all bettas and guppies? #3
Thank you for the reply that leaves me slightly gutted as I want some guppies 😂 I made a mistake with the shop I first went as they told me alot of false information which I only found out when I decided to use a new fish store, might have to speak to the other half about getting another fish tank 😂
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 16/2/2020 20:20
Re: Hi all bettas and guppies? #4
The more tanks the merrier. I started with one with a rescued pleco in it and now have 10