Jim71 Jim71
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 9/2 13:21
Aquarium recommendations #1
I’m looking to get a new 60”x24x18 aquarium and cabinet, hopefully for sub £800. Any recommendations?
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 9/2 15:13
Re: Aquarium recommendations #2
Have a look at ND Aquatics. I've had two custom builds from them and very impressed with quality and price. They have standard sizes in stock. Here's a link to a tank with cabinet and hood at the size you want for £625: https://ndaquatics.co.uk/tropical-tank-cabinet-hood/3950-2/
Jim71 Jim71
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Posted on: 11/2 19:55
Re: Aquarium recommendations #3
Thanks fishlady - I’ve seen mixed reviews about ND relating to quality of silicon seals, and customer service/after sales. However, these were a year or so ago, and I’d not heard anything recently. When did you get yours from them.
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 11/2 22:59
Re: Aquarium recommendations #4
I got my 6 footer from them about 6 years ago and a 3ft last year. Both very nicely made and I have nothing but praise for them.
Jim71 Jim71
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Posted on: 12/2 22:04
Re: Aquarium recommendations #5
Fair enough, perhaps i’ll give them another look. Cheers
Jim71 Jim71
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Posted on: 27/3 10:52
Re: Aquarium recommendations #6
Just thought I’d update on this. I went with a 60x24x18 from NDaquatics, with a white ash cabinet and hood. They quoted a lead time of around 6-8 weeks, but called me to say they could deliver after 4 weeks. They delivered on time, and in my limited experience, I thought the silicon work was a little messy, but nothing I was too worried about. However, when I came to fill it, after just a few millimetres of water it began leaking from a rear corner. After cleaning up, I pinged them an email. This was the Sunday before last, so I didn’t expect a response, but was going to file them up with a call the following morning. Before I could do this I got a call from Bob, who couldn’t apologise enough. He said they had the same size tank in stock, and they’d replace it, that same day!

Pleased to say the new tank is now set up, holding water, and cycling.

Great customer service from the guys at ND Aquatics.

Unfortunately, due to the situation with Coronavirus I don’t know when I’ll get a chance to buy my fish!
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Posted on: 27/3 12:02
Re: Aquarium recommendations #7
It's a shame there was a problem with the first tank, but good to hear ND still has excellent customer service. Enjoy your new tank (when you can)!