Tilikum Tilikum
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 13/1/2020 13:51
Camalanus worms, what dosage of harka verm please help! #1
Hi everyone

Can someone please help me work out the dosage of harka verm bird wormer for my fish tank.

I'm absolutely certain they have camalanus worms, I have lost a couple of guppy's and a male Betta and could not figure out what was wrong with them until last week I noticed the worm sticking out of one angel.

The fish all seem ok but sometimes the same angel will scratch a bit and I've noticed all the fish quite aggressive at feeding time, also I feel the young Cory's I have look slightly underweight.

I had to order the harka verm from England as I live in Ireland and really struggled to find it so it's already been a week since I noticed the worm.

I really want to do this treatment as soon as possible so anybody out there know how much I add to the tank?

I have a 190 litre tank.
The harka verm 100ml containing levamisole hydrochloride 8%

The 190 litre is the tank I have seen the worms in so i am most concerned about but I also have a 54litre and a 70 litre and a empty 28 litre that was home to the Betta but is now empty but still running.

I think I need to treat all these tanks as I have definitely cross contaminated, I have moved plants and fish and ornaments and used the same equipment a lot so I can guarantee they are all infected.

Please someone who has used this to treat camalanus worms help!

I have been reading loads but am very confused.
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 13/1/2020 16:49
Re: Camalanus worms, what dosage of harka verm please help! #2
Hi

I'd recommend using a fish-specific wormer containing levamisole as using a bird wormer makes it hard to get the dose right. Esha NDX contains levamisole and is available on eBay and Amazon.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/eSHa-NDX-An ... 1d1636:g:97UAAOSwDuZdKgPr

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li ... mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new