cmw328i cmw328i
  • Marine Adviser
  • Marine  Adviser
  • From Bedfordshire
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 26/8 11:50
Reefer XL 425 Lighting #1
Hi all,

I'm planning to return to fishkeeping in the next few years (will take some time to sort debt and save for system).

I'm looking at the Red Sea Reefer XL 425. I see that the deluxe option comes with two Red Sea ReefLED 90s. But I also notice that the Reefer 250 has the same thing. This suggests to me that two ReefLED 90s is probably insufficient for the XL 425. After all, it's practically twice the size of the 250 and running on the same lighting.

I like the single lens which eliminates any disco effect from multiple single LEDs of different colour spectra and I've seen very positive reviews on YouTube exploring the PAR ratings for the Red Sea lights.

So, my question is, should I purchase a 3rd ReefLED for a tank this size? I'd like to be able to keep any coral I want in it, including SPS. Alternatively, is there a different light that you'd suggest instead that wouldn't break the bank?
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Moderators Image Admin Caresheets FK Supporter Registered Users Advisers
  • Posted on: 26/8 18:32
Re: Reefer XL 425 Lighting #2
Hi
I'm afraid we don't have any marine keepers currently on the site so you may get an answer quicker elsewhere
cmw328i cmw328i
  • Marine Adviser
  • Marine  Adviser
  • From Bedfordshire
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 31/8 21:27
Re: Reefer XL 425 Lighting #3
Ah, so sad! This used to be a busy place back when I was keeping my nanoreef! Oh well. In a few years time when I'm ready to take the plunge and get back to it, maybe it will pick up again :)