tamkatt tamkatt
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 30/7/2019 19:59
fin rot ?heeelp #1
hi ,i have a 200 lt tank with : 3 gold fish
3 red mouth tetra ,2 sword fish male ,6 yellow molly ,2 moontale molly(one male one female)
7 orange female swordfish ,2 black female swordfish and one betta fish .
these fish has been through a lot ,ich ,fin rot ,strange bacteria turning the orange scales into white (from which i lost more than half of my fish since march this year) i tried everything to help them ,furanol ,ektol fluid 125 ,esha 2000 . i do regular water changes,and take the water to be analyzed in the shop ,i used ektol cristal to help them heal the mucosa i keep water temperature at 28/29 degrees . i just finished treatment of 6 days with esha 2000 and since two days ago my betta exhibits pinholes in his fins that are getting worse 😢,and 4 of my swordfish seem lethargic in the bottom of the tank,my white goldfish has still the tips of her fins missing and i don’t know what else to do please help,in the shop the guy who is considered an expert here told me im doing everything right and i just had very bad luck ,but i don’t want to lose all my fishies please help me :( :( what else can i do? i have another tank where two mammas had 30 guppies (it’s a 100lt tank) and everything is good they are growing fine fir the last 5 months water is cristal and they are very active.i am super careful not to mix any materials that were used with the other tank. thank you for help .

Attach file:

jpeg  EA9D3F16-689B-445F-9F14-AC96930D5C39.jpeg (2,198.05 KB)
22503_5d40936705bbf.jpeg 3264X2448 px
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 31/7/2019 8:44
Re: fin rot ?heeelp #2
What are your test results showing for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate? What are the pH and hardness?
The temperature is much too high for goldfish (they really shouldn't be in the same tank as tropicals) and is too warm for sword and mollies too.
tamkatt tamkatt
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 31/7/2019 11:58
Re: fin rot ?heeelp #3
hi my values are : ph 6,8
hardness 7/125
nitrates 25
nitrites 0
im going to test ammonia levels,the temperature was high to get rid of ich ,which it worked ,i will lower it down (before the ich i had it at 25 degrees) the goldfish are still small and they told me in the shop it was ok to keep them together for a while :( i didn’t want to change them until treatment is complete. my betta fish never had problems before always active and eating well they all seem active except for the ones i mentioned 4 of them,but no one stopped eating. i think the illness was brought by the guppies that inspite of the quarantine when i put them together the others got sick so i just medicate them all :( all 10 guppies died except for one girl that seems to have fin rot . thank you for your help.ps is the 25 degrees temperature ok?
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 1/8/2019 10:30
Re: fin rot ?heeelp #4
25c is a good compromise for most of the fish but still warm for the goldies.