helptoall helptoall
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 7/4 13:42
Sick gldfish with popeye #1
Hi, Ive rescued 3 goldfish 2 days ago,they were in a very neglected of about 70L. One of them is much bigger then the others and hes sems healthy,hes active and eating,the only thing he has is a small growth on his lip. The other 2 arent look so well,they both smaller and both of them when they try to eat spit the food after 3 sec ,im pretty sure they arent really eating at all. In addition one of them has severe pop eye in both of his eyes. They are in my quarantine with a good filter and good water quality. I have kanaplex and a natural med called Voogle by easy life. What do you reccomend on doing? should i start treatment with these meds? Do you have other reccomended meds?
thank you
fcmf fcmf
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • From -
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership Advisers
  • Posted on: 7/4 15:45
Re: Sick gldfish with popeye #2
I would recommend the Kanaplex rather than the Voogle. I have used Voogle for more minor issues but what you describe sounds like a bacterial infection which Kanaplex seems to be for, so I'd definitely opt for it to give the fish the best possible chance. (I haven't personally used it but have used eSHa 2000 and Waterlife Myxazin. However, Kanaplex seems to be for the same conditions.)
helptoall helptoall
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Posted on: 8/4 8:46
Re: Sick gldfish with popeye #3
What about using them together? since voogle is not an antibiotic i think it should be ffine no? its an immune booster and its natural
fcmf fcmf
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • From -
  • Posted on: 8/4 14:40
Re: Sick gldfish with popeye #4
I don't have an ingredients list for Easylife's Voogle. It's not something I would personally risk but you may feel more prepared than me to take that risk.
helptoall helptoall
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Posted on: 10/4 9:04
Re: Sick gldfish with popeye #5
They arent eating .. its been 6 days. theyr lethargic one of them is trying to eat but spit after. Theyr didnt got worse or better.. what do you think i should do?
fcmf fcmf
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • From -
  • Posted on: 10/4 16:23
Re: Sick gldfish with popeye #6
This isn't sounding too good. I'd ensure that water quality is in absolute tip-top condition by doing daily water changes, dosing the Kanaplex after a water change. It can get confusing trying to compensate for medication lost in water changes, so I wouldn't try to do that, but just dose as per instructions.

Ensure the filter is providing as much oxygen and surface agitation as possible. If you have an airstone, use it too.

I'm not sure that there's much more to suggest... Are any of them bloated, do you think? (I appreciate you may not know what they're normally like as you've only had them a few days.)
helptoall helptoall
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Posted on: 12/4 1:21
Re: Sick gldfish with popeye #7
i dont think they are bloted im thinking of using levamisole hcl in addition to kanaplex , the levamisole has an immunity boost effect that might help