DEL707 DEL707
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 12/5/2018 22:31
Pozzani Aquarium Nitrate Removal Filter #1
I'm looking to start a African Cichlid tank.

I did a water test today and these are the results.

Resized Image

My nitrates being what they are, I'm looking for some way to decrease them.
I found this product.
https://www.pozzani.co.uk/water-filters-185/product_info.html

Does anyone have any experience with it? Does it do the job as advertised and does it affect any other water parameters.

I know I can look into RO water, but I believe that will affect my water hardness.
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 13/5/2018 10:45
Re: Pozzani Aquarium Nitrate Removal Filter #2
A few people on here have used these and reported great success with them as long as the cartridges are regularly renewed. Some have seen some impact on pH, but as your kH is very high you're unlikely to see that effect.

RO filters remove everything from the water, not just nitrate. I use RO myself (I also have high nitrate in my supply), but that's because I keep a lot of soft water fish so need to reduce the mineral content of the water as well. The advantages of RO are that you can tailor the water very specifically for different fish by adding back varying amounts of minerals and buffers and you no longer need to use a dechlorinator as they also remove chlorine and chloramines. On the downside, production is slow
DEL707 DEL707
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 13/5/2018 16:54
Re: Pozzani Aquarium Nitrate Removal Filter #3
Thanks for the reply.

Seems to good to be true for the price.

Do you have any idea how much the media costs and how often it needs to be replaced?
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 15/5/2018 7:56
Re: Pozzani Aquarium Nitrate Removal Filter #4
https://www.pozzani.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=67 There you go - £13.98 and needs replacing approximately every three months (depends how much work it has to do).