Peterhill26 Peterhill26
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From West Glamorgan
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 17/8/2017 12:10
Feeding Plecos and Catfish #1
How often would you feed Plecos and Coydros catfish with Hikari Algae Wafers.
I have 3 Coydros Catfish 3 Plecos and 3 Albinos Catfish.
Looking forward to your replies.
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 17/8/2017 16:09
Re: Feeding Plecos and Catfish #2
They all need feeding every day just like any other fish. Cories need more than just algae wafers; a food like Tetra Prima is good for them as well as occasional bloodworm etc. Are the "albino catfish" also cories? If so then diet is the same. As for plecos, many plecos are more inclined to meaty foods and some need driftwood in their diet so what to feed them depends on what species' of pleco they are.
Peterhill26 Peterhill26
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From West Glamorgan
  • Posted on: 17/8/2017 18:25
Re: Feeding Plecos and Catfish #3
Yes they are Cories I have 4 of them with 3 normal cories and 3 Plecs one is a golden nugget 1 normal and I with black and white stripes not sure what it is called
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 17/8/2017 19:18
Re: Feeding Plecos and Catfish #4
The gold nugget absolutely MUST have bogwood in the tank as they need the lignin in the wood to digest food, the stripey one is most likely a carnivore and will need meaty foods. If you can post a pic I can try to ID it. The one you say is "normal" could be any of 50 or 60 species' so a pic of that will help too, but if it's a common pleco it will grow too big for your tank.
Peterhill26 Peterhill26
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From West Glamorgan
  • Posted on: 17/8/2017 19:24
Re: Feeding Plecos and Catfish #5
The other plec is a tiger plec and one other which is normal plec I have also got bogwood in the tank.
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Posted on: 17/8/2017 19:34
Re: Feeding Plecos and Catfish #6
If it's black and white it's not a tiger plec, those are brown and yellow. You need to identify this "normal" plec - most that could be described as such are likely to grow to up to 2 feet long and need a very large tank. The label "common" pleco applies to a lot of different species, but all grow very big.