« 1 2 3 4 (5)
Persephone Persephone
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From London
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 30/12/2015 9:50
Re: Biorb/Biube Experiences thread, experience stories needed! #41
PS I also meant to say that when I set up the Biube six years ago I bought a (live) plant. This has really thrived, and is now much bigger! I trim it from time to time, but it looks lovely. I really don't like the look of artificial plants. I also have a rock (with holes and a small, natural 'cave' area) and piece of wood (ditto). That's it. It doesn't look cluttered, and the fish really do seem happy.
Bethjaneane Bethjaneane
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From United States
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 29/1/2016 5:22
Re: Biorb/Biube Experiences thread, experience stories needed! #42
I am brand new to this site as well. I came across while looking for info on setting up a marine biorb. I have also had a biube for 7 years and it has been awesome! The only casualties I have had was when my son was 2 the lid to the fish flake container came off and he had accidentally dumped an entire container in there. I currently have 2 glow fish, and 2 Molly's. The tank has served us well. It was in my sons room when he was younger with kiddie decor and after he lost interest, I moved it to a niche between my office and living room with more modern decor. I also upgraded to the intelligent light. I just don't understand how people are having problems. My fish are between 4 and 6 years old (from purchase) and I have never had an issue. I just change the filters monthly and change 1/4 of the water. I change the air stone every few months. The only thing I did different was get a better air pump. Maybe the biube it better than the biorb because it has more water surface? I am just a freshwater novice....I do have interest in setting up a salty tank and since I love our biube so much I thought the marine kit would be great to check out. It seems so much simpler for someone that just wants to get their feet wet so to speak.