tropicalfishnewbie89 tropicalfishnewbie89
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Yorkshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 26/3/2015 13:12
Help my tylo black devil snail isn't moving #1
Hi,I've had my snail now for 10 days, the first 3 days he was very slow but moving around what appeared to be normal,I've only seen him eat 2 bites of cucumber. I only have 3 platys and 1 bristlenose plec in with him. Tank is 15 gallons.im affair he's dead :( the lps told me to smell him and I would know if he was dead but he seems to smell fine. All levels are normal. What could I do for him?
nathangoudie nathangoudie
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Vietnam
  • Posted on: 26/3/2015 18:43
Re: Help my tylo black devil snail isn't moving #2
I have the same problem too.... everyone tells me to smell my snails I have never smelt anything.... Yet they never moved
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Yorkshire
  • Posted on: 26/3/2015 23:19
Re: Help my tylo black devil snail isn't moving #3
Hi nathangoudie, thank you for replying :) can i ask what did you do with them? I seeked advice from a different pet store today and they told me if he were dead he would float and to just leave him he's probably resting. Did your tylos work out?
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Yorkshire
Re: Help my tylo black devil snail isn't moving #4
Hi nathangoudie, thank you for replying :) can i ask what did you do with them? I seeked advice from a different pet store today and they told me if he were dead he would float and to just leave him he's probably resting. Did your tylos work out?
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Yorkshire
Re: Help my tylo black devil snail isn't moving #5
nathangoudie nathangoudie
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Vietnam
  • Posted on: 27/3/2015 7:01
Re: Help my tylo black devil snail isn't moving #6
I didn't keep those snails but I've tried Assassin Snails and Nerite Snails

I've thrown them away because they didn't move for a week and the garden pond snails I added in the tank for them to feed was starting to reproduce already.

For the Nerite snails, many of them died but I leave them in the tank. They never smell bad actually, their inside just go away and leave behind the empty shells. But in this case the tank is 200l so maybe a few dead snails couldn't pollute the water much.

Do you keep fish in that tank? If you do then I'd suggest to test for ammonia. If ammonia rise then maybe the snail is dead and decaying. If nothing happens to the water readings then I guess leaving it there doesn't cause any harms :P
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Yorkshire
  • Posted on: 29/3/2015 12:59
Re: Help my tylo black devil snail isn't moving #7
Hi, Thank you for your advice :) i do keep fish in the same tank and I've tested for ammonia and it's 0 so I guess I will just leave him. I purchased 3 nerite snails yesterday. I love them little guys :) thanks again :)