Animal Welfare Vote
Karl Karl
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From Lancashire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 29/5/2014 12:33
Too many fish #1
Worked hard on my pond over the last 2 years and thanks to some great advice from users it looks pretty good and water quality bob on!
I've a mix of 7 growing Koi, Shibunkins & Goldfish, my problem now is that the numbers are growing, counted an extra 29 little black fish basking in the sunshine the other day and that was in one small area!
How do I get rid of them without simply bashing them over the head, not that I can catch them they can really move?
Are black fish undesirable?
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Moderators Image Admin Caresheets FK Supporter Registered Users Advisers
  • Posted on: 29/5/2014 14:54
Re: Too many fish #2
See if you can catch and rehome some of them. Baby goldfish are often black to start with - the colour appears as they grow.
Karl Karl
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From Lancashire
  • Posted on: 30/5/2014 9:46
Re: Too many fish #3
Hi would love to be able to catch & sell them on, but they are pretty fast! Also who do I sell or trade them with? Maybe I should start a stall on the fairground? (That was a jest)

Re black fish: I'm getting some that are getting very big but still black any tips to encourage colour?
CB3100 CB3100
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Northamptonshire
  • Posted on: 30/5/2014 14:42
Re: Too many fish #4
To enhance colour you could always change your diet to something like Aqua Master Colour, but usually with goldfish they will change in time but sometimes they will just stay black.

CB
One who cannot love her smallest creations, cannot claim to stand before Nature - Takashi Amano

www.midlandspondservices.co.uk