I have my new marine tank setup being delivered later this week and so am currently well in to the research process of setting it all up etc and making sure i have everything in place ready to go. So, with that in mind i'm after a shopping list of things that i'm going to need.
Here's so far:
1) Water Testing Kit - Most places it seems are pushing me towards the API kits. I presume this is suitable for now? (i have read that the Salifert kits are better?)
2) Hyrdometer/Refractometer - Refractometer is apparently more accurate so i'm heading towards that (i'd rather buy right the first time). Any recommendations?
3) Cleaning equipment - Here's where i'm completely open. Any "must have's"?
I know this is probably really basic stuff but what i don't want to do is go out and buy what i *think* is right, only to then find out i could've bought something much better for the same money, or not a lot more etc
Like i said, i'd rather buy the right stuff first time round.
1) I use Salifert as when I started out I tried API and didn't like them. What you plan to keep determines which tests you need to get - for example, if you plan to keep SPS corals then you'll need to test for more than a fish only system.
2) I've got the D-D Refractometer. The instructions are clear and I find it easy to use. I went with this after a lot of recommendations from "Other" generic Marine forum
3) I tend to use a scrubbing pad and pipe cleaner (the type that looks like a cat tail making itself "look big"). I've also got a "scrubber on a stick" for cleaning the tank glass.