suey2 suey2
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Registered Users Caresheets Moderators Advisers Image Admin
  • Posted on: 15/10/2013 21:56
Say hello to the new fish in town! #1
I wasn't really planning on getting any more goldies but then with losing Rocket I started to think that Howie needed a new friend. He has three of his daughters with him still but two of them are very close and tend to stick together while the other one is weeny and tends to do her own thing and bumble about merrily. I know I'm anthropomorphising but I really think he missed his beloved Ren when she died, and he was very quiet when Rocket went. So I had a chat with the lovely Francesvdm from the GSGB to ask when the breeders retired their older females as I wanted a larger, older and definite female. Turned out the show and auction was that coming weekend so she suggested I go along and have a look. However, she also very kindly offered me one of her own that she bred last year but didn't want to breed from next year. So I collected a rather nice calico veiltail, she won second prize in her class too, and took fourth at the AMGK show earlier in the year She's got some growing to do to get anywhere near Rocket but she's busy stuffing her face on bloodworm and plants so it won't be long!

She's settled in well and Howie's perked up no end! She's quite independent but she also goes to 'his' area of the tank and sits with him when they're having a rest

We've called her Zara (in homage to Frances' original fish who also had Z names!), although I also call her Jazzhands as she's a bit prone to doing that with her fins

Attach file:

jpg  (62.92 KB)
2216_525dab73c1d07.jpg 640X480 px
It's Not Just A Fish
Violet Violet
  • Tropical Adviser
  • Tropical  Adviser
  • From West Yorkshire
  • Group: Registered Users Caresheets FK Supporter Advisers Deep End
  • Posted on: 15/10/2013 22:15
Re: Say hello to the new fish in town! #2
Awwwww, how lovely. I need a hankie know!

I'm a bit emotional at the mo. Even some interviews with the runners last week in the half marathon brought tears to my eyes. Mascara had to be applied twice when I was getting ready watching the race lol

Lovely suey. I hope Howie enjoys his new friend
Please fill in your personal profile if you are posti
Asumel Asumel
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • From Devon
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 16/10/2013 8:20
Re: Say hello to the new fish in town! #3
Its a lovely fish, :)and a cute little story too :)
Eat, SCUBA, Fish.
Silverfish Silverfish
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From -
  • Group: Registered Users Deep End FK Supporter
  • Posted on: 16/10/2013 18:49
Re: Say hello to the new fish in town! #4
Oh what a pretty lady. I'm so happy Howie has a new friend. And she comes with such good credentials too!
suey2 suey2
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Posted on: 16/10/2013 22:04
Re: Say hello to the new fish in town! #5
Aw, thanks chaps I was quite chuffed when Frances said I could have her, that was really nice of her I'm finally feeling that there's light at the end of a rather long and fishy tunnel at the moment, have had a few trials and tribulations with them recently but they're behaving like loons this evening and hurtling about everywhere All I can see of Zara at the moment is her wiggling bum protruding from a bunch of hornwort which is being given something of a beating
It's Not Just A Fish
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 16/10/2013 22:04
Re: Say hello to the new fish in town! #6
Isn't she lovely? I'm sure Howie will soon be absolutely smitten
suey2 suey2
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Posted on: 17/10/2013 21:32
Re: Say hello to the new fish in town! #7
Thanks FL, she's not at all bad, and she has a proper floppy veiltail, it even has frilly edges! You can really see why they're called veiltails I'm hoping he won't be 'too' smitten, the last time he got smitten resulted in six new goldies! He's been a gentleman so far
It's Not Just A Fish
jaspersdad jaspersdad
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Warwickshire
  • Group: Deep End Registered Users FK Supporter
  • Posted on: 20/10/2013 22:13
Re: Say hello to the new fish in town! #8
Lovely Suey
Resized Image