TetraLinz TetraLinz
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Tyne & Wear
  • Group: Registered Users FK Supporter
  • Posted on: 2/6/2013 18:58
Back again #1
Hello all. Look who's back.

It's been nearly a year since I was last online, but a lot's happened in that time. Have fought hard with a serious eczema outbreak, taken driving lessons, passed my test, and of course, as always, working hard (especially now that I have a car).

Anyway. Last time I logged in, it was really as an appeal for someone with a pond and space for 3 common goldies. In time, I managed to find a pond more locally with a work colleague, and now they're doing well, leaving their blackmoor tankmate on his/her own with his future hanging in the balance, and I was seriously thinking about getting another 40gal tank, and moving him/her over then getting another fancy friend . . .

The BM turned out to be a female and I never did get round to getting another 40gal tank - just didn't have the money.

Luckily, I didn't need to. With only 4 tropical fish left in the 40gal, I swapped the tanks around, so that the BM was in my original 40gal, and my tropical fish are now in the 20gal.

The BM hasn't really grown since I got her :-s but I don't know how old she is.

The fantail was added last week.

(The heater's the original 200w that I used for the tropical fish 0 it's been unplugged now but I just haven't got round to removing it, as this tank's at my dad's )

Resized Image

Resized Image
T.L
Resized Image
suey2 suey2
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Registered Users Caresheets Moderators Advisers Image Admin
  • Posted on: 3/6/2013 22:44
Re: Back again #2
Nice to see you again TL Good to hear your aquatic situation is going well, sounds like it is anyway Sorry to hear you've had health problems but sounds like you're carrying on 'Linzing' regardless

Stunted fish don't always grow as well as ones that have always been in good conditions, sometimes they do, and they do have the capacity to keep on growing when conditions allow, but sometimes they don't pick up. Brigitte (on here) has one little oranda who is TINY but her much younger black moor companion is getting huge. The oranda doesn't seem to be catching up despite the vastly improved conditions, although he is a lot better than he was As long as Mrs BM is lively and alert and doing her fishy thing I wouldn't worry
It's Not Just A Fish
TetraLinz TetraLinz
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Tyne & Wear
  • Group: Registered Users FK Supporter
  • Posted on: 5/6/2013 10:27
Re: Back again #3
Hello Sue. :)

Thanks for that. Glad to know it's nothing I'm doing wrong that's keeping Mrs BM stunted. Always expected her to be smaller than normal and not "catch up" but she doesn't seem to have grown at all. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh there though. . .
T.L
Resized Image
suey2 suey2
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Registered Users Caresheets Moderators Advisers Image Admin
  • Posted on: 8/6/2013 10:57
Re: Back again #4
She's probably grown a bit but because you see her all the time it's not so obvious, if you know what I mean One of the babies from Howie and Rocket's moment of passion last year is still the size of the really tiny babies you get in the shops while her siblings are getting HUGE! Fuzzybutt (the little one!) looks like she has trouble with her mouth but she's still so tiny I can't really make it out. Or else maybe I've genuinely bred the world's first dwarf goldfish While some fancies are always going to be monsters some won't be as big, just like with all things really, if the parents weren't that big then maybe she's just not destined to be a chunkier

What do you feed them out of interest?
It's Not Just A Fish