« 1 2 3 (4)
wd40 wd40
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Warwickshire
  • Group: Basic Membership Registered Users
  • Posted on: 2/5/2013 12:29
Re: Neolamprologus multifasciatus #31
Out of interest, are you by any chance the same person who I obtained my Apistogramma from? If so they are doing great and have grown quite a lot!! The female is constantly in and out of the coconut already!
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Moderators Image Admin Caresheets FK Supporter Registered Users Advisers
  • Posted on: 2/5/2013 14:15
Re: Neolamprologus multifasciatus #32
Yes, if I remember rightly you're from Alcester, about 8 miles from me - actually the town I grew up and went to school in

The parents had another batch of young after that and I finally had to put them in a community tank as they were producing more young than I could cope with. The last few youngsters are going with me to the BCA auction on Sunday.

Glad to hear yours are doing well
wd40 wd40
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Warwickshire
  • Posted on: 2/5/2013 14:26
Re: Neolamprologus multifasciatus #33
Yes thats right Ah cool, so you know it quite well then!
Wow! I'm not surprised to be honest, they're great little parents when nothing is around to eat the babies.
I don't suppose you saw the previous comment on the page before about the multis? I wouldn't want to bid against you if there were only a few up for sale, but as i'm working i'm sure I could ask my dad to go instead if there would be decent amount of them for sale
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Moderators Image Admin Caresheets FK Supporter Registered Users Advisers
  • Posted on: 2/5/2013 14:31
Re: Neolamprologus multifasciatus #34
No it's OK - go ahead and bid. It's only fair to the seller to get the best price for them. There may be more than one lot anyway, not sure as the list I've seen is only a list of species entered; it doesn't say how many lots there are.

Anyhow if there's only one lot and I win, I'll let you know as soon as they breed, assuming you don't find any elsewhere in the meantime - maybe if you win you could do likewise?
wd40 wd40
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Warwickshire
  • Posted on: 4/5/2013 13:25
Re: Neolamprologus multifasciatus #35
Ok then, thats a fair point. But sadly it seems everyone is going out for the day tomorrow (enjoying the bank holiday) so I wish you luck in being able to obtain and hopefully breed some!
cathie cathie
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Registered Users Moderators Advisers FK Supporter Caresheets Image Admin
  • Posted on: 4/5/2013 21:53
Re: Neolamprologus multifasciatus #36
Well if no one gets any I will have to find a reason to drive up your way and offload some of mine!
[url=http://www.bigfishcam
paddington paddington
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From Oxfordshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 4/5/2013 22:16
Re: Neolamprologus multifasciatus #37
And the way my little beggers are breeding I'll certainly be looking to "get rid" of some soon.

What is the right age to be looking at rehoming?
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Posted on: 4/5/2013 23:53
Re: Neolamprologus multifasciatus #38
Quote:

cathie wrote:
Well if no one gets any I will have to find a reason to drive up your way and offload some of mine!

I would have loved some of yours - just health problems and London that got in the way
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Posted on: 4/5/2013 23:55
Re: Neolamprologus multifasciatus #39
Quote:

paddington wrote:
And the way my little beggers are breeding I'll certainly be looking to "get rid" of some soon.

What is the right age to be looking at rehoming?

They need to be around 3/4 to 1 inch.
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Posted on: 7/5/2013 18:47
Re: Neolamprologus multifasciatus #40
Well when I finally got a copy of the full auction catalogue there were two lots of three multies listed, but unfortunately they'd been withdrawn after the catalogue was printed so they weren't actually there on the day.

I did get some other fish though, but not cichlids.