Neilos Neilos
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From North Humberside
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 21/12/2012 6:02
Re: Poorly Oranda #11
Fx for him?

Update - very little to say. He's found himself on his side a few times in the last 24 hours, unsure if it's just misfortune or if it means something.

Still no swimming, and eats only what I touch to his mouth.

But spending so long knelt/sat with him talking (I'm sure he understands) helped me to notice two very small snails in there. As far as I can tell they're a type of Ramshorn Snail and harmless to fish. Thing is, I last put in plants over two months ago, so not sure how they got here (unless they grow really, really slowly)...
cathie cathie
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Moderators Registered Users Advisers FK Supporter Caresheets Image Admin
  • Posted on: 21/12/2012 7:55
Re: Poorly Oranda #12
Fx = fingers crossed ...
[url=http://www.bigfishcam
Neilos Neilos
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From North Humberside
  • Posted on: 21/12/2012 14:14
Re: Poorly Oranda #13
Ah, thanks

--

He seems a little worse today. Seems to have totally lost his balance and keeps falling over onto his left side. Righted him a few times but he keeps going back over. He has a little waggle of his body and tail every now and then but doesn't go anywhere.

Breathing seems a little laboured too, but might just be imagining that
Neilos Neilos
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From North Humberside
  • Posted on: 21/12/2012 18:48
Re: Poorly Oranda #14
Further update...

He's very swollen up, his scales are sticking up more than before and his eyes are bulging quite a bit.

No balance at all, and when I fed him earlier he spat it back out.

Really hope he can pull through
Neilos Neilos
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From North Humberside
  • Posted on: 22/12/2012 4:58
Re: Poorly Oranda #15
Beautiful little thing passed away at 4am this morning. Of all the places he could have gone from the pet shop, he couldn't have been more loved, cherished and cared for than he was here. I'm confident he had a wonderful life and enjoyed living with us as much as we enjoyed living with him.

---

Thank you for the help and support, it's meant a lot to have a place to turn to whenever problems have arisen. And I've learnt a lot, which I'll take with me and pass on to others as needed.

Perhaps I'll return to keeping fish one day, but for now I'll retire. Thanks again, and may all your fish grow fat, beautiful and healthy.
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 22/12/2012 6:30
Re: Poorly Oranda #16
Very sorry to hear that. It was plain that you loved and cared very much for him and that he had the best of lives while he was with you
jaspersdad jaspersdad
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Warwickshire
  • Group: Deep End Registered Users FK Supporter
  • Posted on: 22/12/2012 7:21
Re: Poorly Oranda #17
Really sorry to hear your sad news, I lost some very special fish myself this year and empathise with how you feel. I hope that soon only good memories will stay with you and that you are able to give a loving home to another goldie, as you say most goldfish are not so lucky

JON
Resized Image
suey2 suey2
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Registered Users Caresheets Moderators Advisers Image Admin
  • Posted on: 22/12/2012 10:29
Re: Poorly Oranda #18
Aw, sad news But you're right, he had a good time while he was with you which is what counts
It's Not Just A Fish
cathie cathie
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Moderators Registered Users Advisers FK Supporter Caresheets Image Admin
  • Posted on: 22/12/2012 17:43
Re: Poorly Oranda #19
Very sorry to hear that
[url=http://www.bigfishcam
Silverfish Silverfish
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From -
  • Group: Registered Users Deep End FK Supporter
  • Posted on: 23/12/2012 13:46
Re: Poorly Oranda #20
Aw, I'm so sorry to hear that :/

It sounds like you did your very best for him, and I'm sure he was very appreciative of a bigger tank.

Things like this are sometimes just down to genetics, and nothing you could have done would have saved him, it was just his time to go :/

It's a shame you're retiring, I know I was going to give up after I lost my favourite fish, but I have two rescues now who are doing great (despite all their best efforts to do away with themselves) and I'm glad I kept going!

Still, I'm sorry you lost him, and you gave him a lovely life while he was with you, and that's what's important.