« 1 2 3 (4)
cathie cathie
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Moderators Registered Users Advisers FK Supporter Caresheets Image Admin
  • Posted on: 7/6/2011 21:36
Re: Fluval Edge Aquarium Help Please! #31
I have asked admin to add Germany to profile locations - we seem to. Have uk counties then a few countries he must have added for individual members
[url=http://www.bigfishcam
Plug Plug
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From Derbyshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 7/6/2011 22:01
Re: Fluval Edge Aquarium Help Please! #32
Firstly, apologies for my contribution in taking this thread almost completly off topic....

Jag,

I hear what you say and, like yourself have been using API test kits for years and have long been an advocate and recommended them times over.

I consider myself to be experienced in this hobby and more importantly, the use of these test kits having made thousands of tests over the years. At the risk of repeating myself from another thread, with the exception of/if overly high Nitrate I don't need the card to be able to confirm readings.

I recently purchased a new kit to replace the almost depleted one I was using, from the first tests this kit gave me complete oddball, unexplainable and inconsitent readings. The card is of very questionable quality with most of the colours being indistinguishable from the low to high - the colour of some of the tests matching niether that card or ones from previous kits.

For the sake of twenty odd quid and the hassle of packing, returning and arguing the toss with the retailer and putting it down to a one off dodgy kit/bad luck I ditched it and re-ordered. Alas the new kit is the same - well in date (as was the first) but with a complete lottery of random, meaningless results. In fact, the identical issues that Matt has experienced which is why I posted on his other thread - it subsequently turned out that the two kits I have issues with and the one Matt has are from the same source, that's a coincidence with a capital C.

I have since paid through the nose for yet another kit from P@H and all's well......
MagicMatt MagicMatt
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From -
  • Posted on: 7/6/2011 22:12
Re: Fluval Edge Aquarium Help Please! #33
Jaguar, if we could slide this discussion into the other thread it would be appreciated.
http://www.fishkeeping.co.uk/modules/ ... p?topic_id=29476&start=10

I don't want to keep hijacking threads.
MagicMatt MagicMatt
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From -
  • Posted on: 7/6/2011 22:15
Re: Fluval Edge Aquarium Help Please! #34
Plug, could it be that the place we got the kits from has received a batch with faulty cards? If you could look at the other thread and comment there, as you'll find a photo of my test card there also.