suilaire suilaire
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Isle of Harris
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 15/7/2010 20:52
I love my aquarium! #1
This is not a plea for advice... It is a simple gloat!

I lost my previous fish in a horrific accident, and never thought I could ever restock my beautiful tank again. I tried selling it, but always asked too much (subconsciously) so that it wouldn't sell - I'd never get what it was worth to me!

So... After over 2 years of sitting empty in a spare room, I finally set it up again in April. It is now home to some very happy fishies - I did a fishless cycle and am delighted to say that I have only lost one fish out of 25 (3 weeks since they were added). Considering the dramas I had last time I am very chuffed with that! Especially as their arrival meant a 10+ hour journey for them.

And, I have it set up perfectly for the planted aquarium I have always dreamt of - CO2, fantastic lighting, eco-complete substrate and now a combination of root tabs, weekly and daily food for the plants.

Just planted it up with mother plants as well as potted plants (various) from Java Plants and it looks fabulous! My angel fish, corys and rummy nose tetras are happily exploring their new jungle... Only trouble is that I have inherited 2 silver dollars who are possibly going to jeopardise my plants! They can go to the LFS if needbe!

AND!!! My water parameters are stable - everything as it should be.

Sorry, couldn't resists gloating!

C
Resized Image
Critch Critch
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Lancashire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership Deep End
  • Posted on: 15/7/2010 21:08
Re: I love my aquarium! #2
And you have every right to gloat, your last tank was Outstanding, I really mean that, it was a beautiful beautiful tank. Gloat away

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad!
I dont keep fish i keep water the fish are only there for decoration
suey2 suey2
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Registered Users Caresheets Moderators Advisers Image Admin
  • Posted on: 15/7/2010 21:44
Re: I love my aquarium! #3
Aw - that's a well deserved gloat So lovely to hear you feeling so positive again Onwards and upwards!
It's Not Just A Fish