« 1 (2)
Miss Pennyapple Miss Pennyapple
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From Lanarkshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 22/1/2010 21:57
Re: Advice on the start up of a Pearlscale tank #11
Violet - you must have been lucky with Plants Alive - I never have been!! I always buy from the Green Machine now - a bit pricey yes, but the plants are healthy and actually alive! And they've sent me some great plant specimens. Waiting on my next order from them actually!
165L AquaOne - 1 Blackmoor, 1 red telescope fantail, 1 white telescope, 1 panda moor

Tank upgrade on its way!
Violet Violet
  • Tropical Adviser
  • Tropical  Adviser
  • From West Yorkshire
  • Group: Registered Users Caresheets FK Supporter Advisers Deep End
  • Posted on: 22/1/2010 22:03
Re: Advice on the start up of a Pearlscale tank #12
Used plantsalive for some 4 years now. Orders placed 2-3 times a year to upgrade. Get rid of dying stock etc, always exceptional service and quality. Strange if you've had bad stock. Most here use them tbh.
Please fill in your personal profile if you are posti
suey2 suey2
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Registered Users Caresheets Moderators Advisers Image Admin
  • Posted on: 22/1/2010 23:43
Re: Advice on the start up of a Pearlscale tank #13
I've had some great plants from plantsalive too over a lot of orders - I used the Green Machine once, nice guys and nice plants but TBH a little on the small side for the price IMO PA ones were huge! If you have a decent lfs which keeps its plants separate from the fish system then it's worth checking them out too. Mine has great plants on a separate system so I've got the best of both worlds If only the lovely Mr Greenline were still in business ...
It's Not Just A Fish