« 1 (2) 3 4 »
Dazzler83 Dazzler83
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Gloucestershire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 13/1/2010 16:11
Re: Best external filter for 160 litre tank? #11
Jaywickrob i thought i types to over double your tanks capacity oups thats my bad. either that or two smaller external filters that will add up to over double your tanks capacity.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
Francesvdm Francesvdm
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From Essex
  • Posted on: 13/1/2010 21:12
Re: Best external filter for 160 litre tank? #12
Hello "GoldyGang"!!!!
Jaywickrob Jaywickrob
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From London
  • Posted on: 13/1/2010 21:15
Re: Best external filter for 160 litre tank? #13
Hi Frances, bout time...lol, good to see you
"Treatment when the treatment is worse than the disease kills fish"
Francesvdm Francesvdm
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From Essex
  • Posted on: 13/1/2010 21:27
Re: Best external filter for 160 litre tank? #14
I was trying to be "loyal" but I missed all of you! Finally found you!
Andieu Andieu
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From London
  • Posted on: 14/1/2010 9:58
Re: Best external filter for 160 litre tank? #15
Is that the whole gang here now? Almost I think!
Jay, I told Rachy and Frances about this site after you told me, and they've arrived-yayyy! Now we can all bug you again for advise!
Lisa, good to see you.
I'm not in touch with anyone else off the goldfish forum. Would be good to get as many as poss here till pfk is back.

Anyway, as for the filters,I'm a tetratec girl, so i would have to say go for a tetratec.
Andi x
Squish Squish
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Northumberland
  • Posted on: 14/1/2010 12:04
Re: Best external filter for 160 litre tank? #16
Hi everyone!

Lovely to hear from you all. I sent ziggy a message last night so hopefully she'll join too. We still need Laura (Miss Pennyapple) and the rest of the boys too.

Still deciding about filters. I can't really afford much more than about ?75 at the minute so I was thinking maybe get what I can afford now and then when I upgrade I could run 2 filters? It upsets me how expensive they are considering they're probably not that hard to make!

You know I'm gutted we never got a chance to finish our Christmas photo competition!

Lisa
Francesvdm Francesvdm
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From Essex
  • Posted on: 14/1/2010 12:15
Re: Best external filter for 160 litre tank? #17
Hi Lisa,
I told Laura last night, hopefully she will be on soon. So good to be in contact with everyone again. Don't know how to get hold of Stinky and BBM though.
Just to throw a spanner in the works, I have Fluval 305's and they are amazing, and they sell for ?74.99 currently on special at Swallow.
rachyw82 rachyw82
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • From Derbyshire
  • Posted on: 14/1/2010 13:01
Re: Best external filter for 160 litre tank? #18
StinkyFishEggs PM'd his mobile number to me to use if I ever needed his advice when offline, and the bloomin' site went down before I had change to save the number to my contacts!

I ordered my Eheim filter off eBay for ?44.99 with a few extra pounds postage and it arrived within 2 days, very impressed. The seller does other filters too, but needed an external in an emergency with not much money to spend and I know how good Eheims are, so went for the 2213 classic.

I am gutted about the xmas comp pics too, I made all mine up in Photoshop ready and never got a chance to share them :( Boooo!
Miss Pennyapple Miss Pennyapple
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From Lanarkshire
  • Posted on: 14/1/2010 13:41
Re: Best external filter for 160 litre tank? #19
Hello!!! Found you all!

I've been in contact with Frances by email/text and she told me about you all being here now. It's great to be back online and catch up! Hope you and your fishes are all well?

Squish - I too am planning my tank upgrade for the next few months - those baby fishes grow fast don't they?! Prof Z looks like a ping pong ball he's growing so round!

What tank are you thinking about getting for the upgrade? I find the choice of filters for tanks a bit confusing, plus, I'm scared of external filters since having the trickle filter built into my tank!
Squish Squish
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Northumberland
  • Posted on: 14/1/2010 13:59
Re: Best external filter for 160 litre tank? #20
I've completely changed my mind about trickle filters, the one on my teeny tank is fab and you can fit a lot of media into the hood too.

Ummm, I don't know about tanks, still working on my dad to build me one but of course the forum went down before I could show him pics of Jay's. It won't be until the summer at least though, I'm finishing up my phd then so who knows where I'll be living as me and OH are now wondering if it would be more sensible to wait until I'm done before we find somewhere. If it looks like my fishies don't have space though I will just bite the bullet and get a bigger tank even if I have to keep the goldies at my dad's until we move. It's just up the road so I'd still see them loads . I would prefer a long, shallower tank than most the ones you can buy so custom made will probably be my best bet.

Currently looking at the FLuval 305 as I have the Fluval U4 internal and like it a lot.

PS HI!!! So good to be back in contact with everyone. I've been lost without the forum. And I've had nothing but work to do at work haha!