Dazzler83 Dazzler83
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Gloucestershire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 19/11/2009 9:21
Rescue #1
Hey guys i'm going to be housing a few fish for a work friend untill his tank cycles freekin P@H again "how long has your tank been set up?" a week said my friend "then its fine to add fish to your established tank."

i'll be taking 4 rummy nose and a single neon.

i already keep neons so he'll be fine just want to know if the rummy noes has any special requirements.

Dazzler.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
TetraLinz TetraLinz
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Tyne & Wear
  • Group: Registered Users FK Supporter
  • Posted on: 19/11/2009 10:17
Re: Rescue #2
They need to be in a much bigger shoal than that Daz, but I'm sure you know that anyway They're pretty nervous fish IME (although that was limited).

I'm assuming these fish will be going into QT? One and only time I got P@H fish (Rummies, as it happens), I lost the lot of them to Columnaris/Flavobacterium.
T.L
Resized Image
Dazzler83 Dazzler83
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Gloucestershire
  • Posted on: 19/11/2009 10:33
Re: Rescue #3
yep Q t is already full of water heater and airstone and the filter is running in my 90 ltr ready for the fish coming home with me on friday yes with mature media. i'm only taking them because the shop wont take them back. he's lost 6 rummys and 8 neons to an uncycled tank so i'll house these untill he's cycled then he can have them back and improve the shole sizes. just wondering weather i should put a few of my neons in with the rescue fish to make the lone neon feel safer??
Coralline Coralline
  • Marine Adviser
  • Marine  Adviser
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Advisers Registered Users
  • Posted on: 19/11/2009 10:40
Re: Rescue #4
no, dont mix your fish with unquarantined fish, just to be on the safe side. just provide plenty of cover in the tank and that will be good enough while you are looking after them. not feeling exposed will help towards a feeling of security, even if hes the only one of his kind.

damn p@h... why only one neon... and why is a week enough for them to consider a tank established!! wish someone at the top of the tree would explain to us why such poor recommendations are the norm...
Gill

Resized Image

[url=http://www.fishkeeping.co.uk/articles_51/fishless-cycling-article.htm] 'CLICK ME' - 'Fishless Cycling' information - how to prepare your new t...
Anonymous  
Re: Rescue #5
I am still awaiting a reply from the echelons of P@H. So far I have sent 3 letters to their head office asking for answers, and letters have also been sent to DEFRA and RSPCA asking for clarification to the question of how P@H can sell such tank and fish combinations whilst giving the advice as they do without being in breach of the Animal Welfare Act 2006 or putting customers in a position so they (the customers) themselves will be in breach of the said Act. Its going to be a long wait I fear. But I dont give up easily.

BTW its not just P@H I am aiming at, it is all shops who give out wrong and dangerous advice to the novice fishkeeper. Hopefully one day the law will be changed so that fish are protected from shops such as these and also outlaw the sale of designer and inadequate tanks to innocent and unsuspecting public.

I will get off my soapbox now.
Dazzler83 Dazzler83
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Gloucestershire
  • Posted on: 19/11/2009 13:00
Re: Rescue #6
Quote:

Coralline wrote:
damn p@h... why only one neon...

he did have 9 neons 9 for a tenner i think he said. and 10 rummys for ?15 i think but then thats P@H and there unbeetable offers.

@jag i spent about 3 months battleing with P@H management even had meetings at my local P@H with there upper manageemnt team spoke to defra and all i got was "we'll look in to it!" damn it i was getting stressed and angry with thoes around me so i gave up the hunt so to speak. i wish you all the best in your battle.
littleyellowfish littleyellowfish
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From Derbyshire
  • Posted on: 19/11/2009 13:19
Re: Rescue #7
P@H are brill

my local one are offering 5 large malawian cichlids for ?30.. not one of them looks healthy though!

good luck with the rescue!
Abi x