« 1 ... 32 33 34 (35) 36 37 38 ... 59 »
mattias mattias
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From Gwyedd
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 4/5/2009 8:07
Re: Has anyone got the aquamarine 900??? #341
Yes, I'm using the Deltec and I think it is miles ahead of the Marisys skimmer. I never used the filtermedia in the Marisys so I replaced it with a (smaller and soundless)tetratec external filter for housing carbon and phosphate remover when I got the Deltec.
Samuel Samuel
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Surrey
  • Posted on: 4/5/2009 19:58
Re: Has anyone got the aquamarine 900??? #342
lr85ninety, Hey, Thanks for your comments but I have Kept Anemone of varios types for over a decade. The three in my aquarium I have had for well over 18 months as I had all 3 in a tank before I bought the aquamarine. The bubble tip and florida are seperated halfs from Anemone in my brothers tanks so not wild collected for sure. and the malu I bought but all 3 are growing and doing fine. almost everthing in my system is a transfer from my previous tank so the system on a whole is very mature. Not only am I successfuly keeping Anemone(which dont all need high power lighting) I keep various hard corals too which are also growing, which I think proves how well the t5's cope. Also Anemone move freely around the aquarium and settle where they are happy, all three of mine have settled more than half way down the tank tho the bubble tip does occasionally move up towards the light for a while. I do appreciate the concern and hope that anyone planning to keep any species of marine life makes sure that they research thoroughly first. Sam
Resized Image
lr85ninety lr85ninety
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Lincolnshire
  • Group: Registered Users FK Supporter
  • Posted on: 4/5/2009 21:16
Re: Has anyone got the aquamarine 900??? #343
hi sam thanks for that like i said wasnt having a go just the way i read your 1st post made it sound like keeping nems was easy lol and as most people reading this thread are newcomers to the hobby didint want them thinking nems was an easy choice, glad your nems are doing well they are a fantastic animal!
Resized Image
chops77 chops77
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From Cumbria
  • Posted on: 23/5/2009 16:45
Re: Has anyone got the aquamarine 900??? #344
hi all
i would advise everyone to ditch the marisys filter. its total rubbish,noisy and a pain in the #OOPS#...i have the aquamarine 900 tank and its been running now for about 9 months. 6 months of that was with the marisys and now im using a fluval 405 external filter. what a difference. no noice, no evaporation and so simple to maintain.i just need to buy a deltec mce300 skimmer next and thats it. my filter is filled with seachem purigen,live rock rubble and rowaphos.
mullsy mullsy
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Lancashire
  • Posted on: 24/5/2009 10:15
Re: Has anyone got the aquamarine 900??? #345
Hi all , I found this forum/thread when I was searching for info on the Aquamarine 900 , I am looking at starting up my first marine tank after having tropical fish for about 7 months . The only concern I have and I hope people on here can help is with the Marisys External filter , is it worth getting ? How much noise does it make ? (Noise is a big issue with me as the tank is going into my living room) & what other Filters do people have if not the Marisys ?
Thanks , Mullsy .
neilw_uk neilw_uk
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Wiltshire
  • Posted on: 24/5/2009 10:21
Re: Has anyone got the aquamarine 900??? #346
Ok, Crunch time........ Do i get the Aquamarine 900 or the Orca TL 550 or something else?

I have an AquaOne 850 (tropical) so i know the build quality of their tanks, but i hear so many people saying they are noisy and the filter is not that great!

I have got a deal for the tank + stand, first RO fill and coral sand for ?399. I just cant make up my mind what to get as i like the fact that some other tanks have it all built in the back and have UV and fans etc.

Come on .... help me decide here!!!!!
cmw328i cmw328i
  • Marine Adviser
  • Marine  Adviser
  • From Bedfordshire
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 24/5/2009 11:51
Re: Has anyone got the aquamarine 900??? #347
well, i dont know the aquamarine, but it seems to be a bigger system and in marine fishkeeping (and indeed all fishkeeping) its always better to have more water in the tank for stability.
Safety tip 1: Water + Electricty = ZAP
chops77 chops77
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From Cumbria
  • Posted on: 24/5/2009 21:57
Re: Has anyone got the aquamarine 900??? #348
MULLSY.....the aquarium is great but the marisys filter is total rubbish. for starters, you will need to replace all the media that comes with it as it just turns into a nitrate factory(speaking form experiance).the inbuilt skimmer aint upto much either... now the noise... well if you can stand the constant sound of trickling water then thats ok..but i couldnt.i would suggest, get a decent external filter(im using a fluval 405) just for chemical media(purigen,rowaphos,rock rubble) and then buy a seperate hang on skimmer. the deltecmce300 fits straight on when you remove one of the rear access hatches
just make sure you get plenty of live rock for the tank. at least 20kg but the more the better.
hope it helps
chops77 chops77
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From Cumbria
  • Posted on: 24/5/2009 22:03
Re: Has anyone got the aquamarine 900??? #349
NIELW-UK... go and buy it now at that price.(aquamarine 900) its a great tank but stay clear of the marisys(read above blog)the only noise is from the filter bur now ive changed mine to a fluval 405 i can barely hear it(just a very very low drone)
neilw_uk neilw_uk
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Wiltshire
  • Posted on: 24/5/2009 22:36
Re: Has anyone got the aquamarine 900??? #350
Thanks for the reply's guys.. Problem is that if i need to buy a new filter at about ?130 and a new skimmer at ?130 then i'm starting to go over budget. (that my live rock fund!!!).