• Posted on: 16/7/2004 17:45
FionaDouglas FionaDouglas
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 17/7/2004 20:03
Re: Chocolate telescope or moor? #12
Hello Goldy

I'm sorry I've been a bit tardy about getting back to you. Thanks for the link, I read the article through and I think my tank is ready, but I shall hold fire until I get the go ahead from you.

I started the cycle on the 1st of July and did my first water test on the 10th, which gave some v. strange results but I later realised this was a faulty strip which looked nothing like the others in the packet - it told me for example that the pH was 8.4 which seemed too high for Scotland!

My second test on the 12th gave the following results:- nitrate 10, nitrite nil, GH >7 deg, CH 0-3 deg and pH 7.2.

I should mention that on the 9th of July my fish seller loaned me 2 small hardy fish which have been in the tank since, just to help the cycling process along. But rest assured no fancy fish were harmed in the process of cycling Fiona's tank!!

Today's water test gave the following results:-
nitrate 25 or more (I am about to do a water change) nitrite nil, GH >7 deg, CH 3 deg and pH about 7.2.

Waiting for permission to buy Truffle!

Fiona x.
Taylor Taylor
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • Posted on: 17/7/2004 20:56
Re: Chocolate telescope or moor? #13
I have to tell you... I have both a Telescope and a Black Moore (you can see them in my siggy) and I have to admit I like the Black Moore much better. The Telescope is cute and colorful, but when it comes to them doing activities, they're totally blind. After I got my two goldfish KD and Barbie, it has all been a very big competition between all of my fish on who eats the most food, and my Telescope is the weakest link. The Black Moores are simular, but they actually sometimes go to the top and search for food, but the Telescopes just stay at the bottom and just do nothing. I have to say, Mollie and Tally get along very well, so why not get both? A Telescope would be very hard to feed and so are Black Moores, but after a while they'll get used to seeing that the food is at the top and they'll come and eat. That's my opinion... pick the Black Moore!
Resized Image
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Posted on: 17/7/2004 21:01
Re: Chocolate telescope or moor? #14
Hello Taylor

Thanks for the reply. Beautiful calico telescope!

Fiona.
Taylor Taylor
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • Posted on: 17/7/2004 21:04
Re: Chocolate telescope or moor? #15
Thank you :) No problem for the reply :)
Resized Image
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Image Admin Caresheets Moderators Advisers
  • Posted on: 17/7/2004 21:08
Re: Chocolate telescope or moor? #16
Go on then fiona everything seems ok with your water readings so I guess you can buy truffles now, Just as long as you keep a check on your water parimetors and if they peak then do regular water changes with declorinated water untill they settle and you should be fine or rather truffles will
Taylor Taylor
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • Posted on: 18/7/2004 0:22
Re: Chocolate telescope or moor? #17
Good luck :)
Resized Image
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Posted on: 18/7/2004 18:50
Re: Chocolate telescope or moor? #18
Thank you Taylor
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Posted on: 18/7/2004 18:57
Re: Chocolate telescope or moor? #19
Hello Goldy

Just to let you know that I bought Truffle today. He is swimming about in his tank very happily at the moment and is absolutely enchanting I am so excited about being a fishkeeper at last and I hope I will be a good one.

I know this is strictly speaking not the tropical forum, but I went to look at the lovely siamese fighter today and someone had bought him I know that they will be ordering in some more, but he was particularly resplendant.

Fiona x.
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Image Admin Caresheets Moderators Advisers
  • Posted on: 18/7/2004 22:20
Re: Chocolate telescope or moor? #20
Hi Never mind about the betta that was sold there will be plenty more beautiful ones that will enchant you beleive me I know because I go ooh each time I see some in the fish shops, spoilt for choice, just enjoy truffles for now and photos please