pennycrayon pennycrayon
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From Devon
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 19/8/2008 21:17
Re: Please help me on finding deals for fish tanks #11
Ebay Ebay Ebay!!!!!

Do it! I bought one recently and I can't seem to stop telling everyone what an amazing bargain it was!

It's a jewel 125 without the jewel extras. It measures 100cm x 40cm x 30cm, it came witha mature fluval 3 plus filter and was from a breeder who had a new massive tank so it was surplus. It took a couple of weeks to find one close enough to pick up. It was only ?15!!!!! oh and did I mention it had a hod, with light and a spare bulb!

The most you should pay for a tank that size on ebay is ?50, there are plenty. just searh for nearest to your location.

The other place is http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/ loads of shops, breeders etc use this to get rid of their old tanks, really cheap!

There really is no need to buy new..... anyway enough persuading, good luck
Resized Image
scott_888 scott_888
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • From London
  • Posted on: 19/8/2008 23:41
Re: Please help me on finding deals for fish tanks #12
Penny your SO lucky !!! I've been trying to find a 125 on ebay for about a month now but because im in london quite a few people are near enough to bid on them so they go for like ?80

I'm looking to get a much nicer tank for the goldies but really can't be outlaying much more than ?50 .
Resized Image
Fish are friends not food
llVeXXll llVeXXll
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From -
  • Posted on: 20/8/2008 15:46
Re: Please help me on finding deals for fish tanks #13
I just rang a different pets at home and asked them to find a price for a 36 inch clearseal. They got back and said that it would only cost me 44 pounds. That sounds more like it.

HOWEVER, I said, it must be 36 by 15 by 15. They said, oh, the only ones we "carry" that are 3 foot long are the 36 by 15 by 12. I said, well can you enquire about the 15 by 15 ones then? They said yeah but theyl probably be more expensive seeing as they arent a standard size.

I tried to explain that yes they ARE a standard size that clearseal do, and theyre only fractionally more expensive than the 12 by 15 ones on all the other online stores I have visited.

I also had a similar disscusion to the one I posted about on the members lounge whereby the member of staff was pushy to know exactly why I wanted this size and what fish I was keeping. But this time when I replied, he just said oh yeah I heard goldfish can grow quite big, thank god or I would have smashed the phone.

Im really confused now I mean what if my local pets at home have ordered the over priced ones in for me already even though I only said I wanted them for the 12 of september and they were like ok we won't order them yet because theyl be stuck in the back. I just want to find the best deal!

I can't see how 3 more inches can make 40 pounds difference.. even if it wasn't a standard size, my local pets at home carries NEITHER the 36 15 12 OR the 36 15 15 so if ordering in a 15 15 one would be so expensive then wouldn't the 15 12 one?! BAH!
Fishies are for life, not just for christmasResized Image!
sophie sophie
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Suffolk
  • Posted on: 20/8/2008 16:58
Re: Please help me on finding deals for fish tanks #14
Your lucky that your P@H will order them in for you at all as when I cracked my Goldies tank I phoned up to see if they could order me one in and they said that there was no way that they would order me one in. Their suggestion was to go to either their branch 10 miles away or the branch that is 20 miles away as they would be happy to order me one in. As we rely on public transport this wasn't an option!

In the end I had to order one from my other LFS which was more expensive but they delivered so was a bit better because of that.

Mine was ?50ish for a 3foot x 15inch x 12 inch one!

I tried 3 different LFS and none of them could get me a 15 x 15 3 footer either!
Lanzone Printer Ink, For All Your Printing Needs....
http://www.lanzone.co.uk/shop/

Resized Image
llVeXXll llVeXXll
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From -
  • Posted on: 20/8/2008 17:13
Re: Please help me on finding deals for fish tanks #15
damnit looks like I'll just have to settle for 80 quid for that extra 30 litres or so.

I find it really out of order. Which fish shops did you try and which one did you buy from in the end? The ones near me are Maidenhead aquatics or Rivendale.
Fishies are for life, not just for christmasResized Image!
blacky1187 blacky1187
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • From Gloucestershire
  • Posted on: 20/8/2008 18:15
Re: Please help me on finding deals for fish tanks #16
Hey Vex,

I have a tank for sale - eagle said you were looking... I have PM'd you!!!
Chris

I'm addicted to fish keeping...