« 1 (2)
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Image Admin Caresheets Moderators Advisers
  • Posted on: 11/4/2004 0:30
Re: Help! Help! Very sick fish #11
Linsay how long did you have the lion head, and did you mention to the garden centre about the black marks, as they may have been at fault if so you could ask for either a replacement fish, credit note or your money back, I would go for the creditnote/money until you get a larger tank.
lseaton lseaton
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 11/4/2004 13:20
Re: Help! Help! Very sick fish #12
I had the Lionhead about 3 - 4 weeks. It was very healthy and active to start off with, then after the black appeared it just went downhill.

I didn't mention it to the garden centre, as i was literally running in for livefood which they had sold out of. I will mention it to them next time i go in, as it is unfair to the fish.

I don't think they will give me a refund, as my boyfriend chose a goldfish with full mouth fungus ages ago which we took back and they made him buy a water treatment for 4 times the price of the fish! and would not replace the fish
Resized Image
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Image Admin Caresheets Moderators Advisers
  • Posted on: 11/4/2004 14:05
Re: Help! Help! Very sick fish #13
Happy Easter linsay Going by what you have said about the garden centre I wouldn't buy fish from there any more is there another fish place you could go to, is Widnes too far for you to travel as there are some good fish places there.
lseaton lseaton
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 12/4/2004 12:47
Re: Help! Help! Very sick fish #14
Happy Easter Goldy

I don't think we will be going there anymore
Widnes isn't that far from us, might be a little far for transporting fish though?

My mum got me some Supa Aquarium Tonic Salt or something?
I put the Sarasa Comet in a hospital tank with the salt to clear the white patches on it and it seems cured in 2 days. Think it had some mild fungus or something? It had like a white patchy coating?
Resized Image