(1) 2 »
Gaspod Gaspod
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 8/6/2004 22:58
I need to find a new home for a 30" Pseudodoras Niger #1
I have a Pseudodoras Niger that has out grown his (or possibly her) tank. I have a 6'x2'x2' tank and cannot go any larger so have reluctantly decided to part with the fish.

Great fish to keep. Is very placid but does like to root around in the gravel, great for keeping the gravel clean but potentially a problem if you have plants. Currently he shares a tank with a pair of Oscars and a Pleco. Likes to have a place to hide for most of the time the tank is lite.

I live in Brighton and the buyer will need to collect.

As for price, well what am I offered? The money is not important but finding the fish a new home is.

Any questions can be emailed to

Richard@Allinltd.com
Anonymous  
Re: I need to find a new home for a 30" Pseudodoras Niger #2
gosh, no room for him here sorry, i do have details of a re-homeing service if you get desperate. Hope he finds a new home soon. di
marcshedden marcshedden
  • From Avon
  • Group: Registered Users Caresheets Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 5/7/2004 10:58
Re: I need to find a new home for a 30" Pseudodoras Niger #3
Sorry, I can't take on one of these either....

Di, I wouldn't mind having the details of that rehoming service, if they don't mind them being passed on - I quite often need to find homes for "Tankbusters" and it's sometimes difficult to find anyone with enough space. Feel free to e-mail me directly if you don't want to post the details here.

Cheers,
Marc
Anonymous  
Re: I need to find a new home for a 30" Pseudodoras Niger #4
right marc will do, I havent heard from them since i registered my interest, maybe not enough people know about it so i will ask if we can do a feature on the service they provide. I will speak to them and see what i can find out.
di
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Image Admin Caresheets Moderators Advisers
  • Posted on: 5/7/2004 20:07
Re: I need to find a new home for a 30" Pseudodoras Niger #5
That sounds like a good feature Di if it can be added to the site then maybe it will save some poor fish or fishes being dumped or killed because the owner can no longer look after it/them properly
Anonymous  
Re: I need to find a new home for a 30" Pseudodoras Niger #6
that was my idea too, great minds and all that,
they advertised, as they are based in somerset, for people to help in other areas, and I and quite a few others at the time said yes, i may be able to help take in some small trops or community fish in my case, and I would be happy to co-orinate the essex area for them, however havent heard nothing since, but if people dont realise this service exists that they wouldnt use them, I have sent them an email, and we will see how the land lies.

Just wondering if Gaspod has rehomed his fish yet. I wish i had the space.
Anonymous  
Re: I need to find a new home for a 30" Pseudodoras Niger #7
Well julia runs tropical water, (the rehoming service) is more that happy to put the details on the board, she has visited this site and likes it very much,

here is her messages

just had a quick look at the forum and i like what i see, i would like to come on board however it is not acepting my details?

things this end almost ground to a halt as i got rather disheartened by a lot of empty promises, i have also had to cope with a hospitalised husband, and 4 young children, however i am back on track and now on broadband which gives a wider scope for building web pages, please feel free to post my contact details, wish me luck! julia

sorry forgot to say, my contact email adress for the rescue is, tropicalwaters@btinternet.com

I think maybe she should be welcomed onto the site, I dont know if andrew can sort out why she is having problems registering, and makes me wonder if there are others with similiar problems, we wouldnt know.???

Also another idea was may be she could have her own thread,
something like, the following fish available for re-homing or a link to her website maybe. I think this a very worthwhile cause.

What does everyone else think???
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Image Admin Caresheets Moderators Advisers
  • Posted on: 6/7/2004 17:30
Re: I need to find a new home for a 30" Pseudodoras Niger #8
As you know Di Andrew is in the process of upgrading fishkeeping site and adding new sections, so hopefully he will sort something out for Julia as it does sound a very good addition to the site. Not sure why she had problems registering though
Anonymous  
Re: I need to find a new home for a 30" Pseudodoras Niger #9
sounds interesting, I hope he has lots of nice surprises up his sleeve
Fishadmin Fishadmin
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Spain
  • Group: Webmasters Registered Users LFS Caresheets Basic Membership Advisers
  • Posted on: 7/7/2004 11:20
Re: I need to find a new home for a 30" Pseudodoras Niger #10
Hi all,

Regarding the rehoming service... There will be a classified section on the new site - buy, sell, exchange etc. I could easily add a 'new home wanted' section. Would this be enough? I could also have another section on the site with links to this sort of thing.

Regarding problems accessing the site... This is usually a firewall problem in that the users firewall prevents information going from one page to another and this can stop this site working. I wouldn't recommend disabling the firewall, just changing the settings for this site. Thread here... http://www.fishkeeping.co.uk/modules/ ... ic_id=154&forum=10&jump=1 I may change the security on the new site to stop this problem. Anyone with problems logging in please email me.

Fishadmin